Materiom is a data platform built to accelerate the development of biomaterial alternatives to petroleum plastics. Through the provision of open data on material processes and properties, we aim to lower barriers to market entry for new materials companies, helping create a regenerative circular economy.
Together with a small team you will develop features for the launch of the new Materiom platform. You will have a creative and hands on role in translating requirements into tech. You will integrate and implement interesting concepts such as indexing and searching, active learning and big data. While developing open source software you will be part of a greater effort to open knowledge about the materials of the future.
- 5+ years experience as a software developer
- Independent and proactive personality
- Experience with working in a team (remote work experience is a plus)
- Great communication skills (English)
Strong experience with:
- A high level programming language such as PHP or Python
- Front end programming with JS, HTML and CSS.
- NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB
- Modern software development tools
- Clean code principles
- Design patterns
A plus when applying
- Experience with a cloud provider, infrastructure and hosting
- Experience with Elasticsearch and/or Solr
- Experience with translating requirements into tasks
- Experience with D3.js
- A strong interest in open data and/or material data