Applied Information Group is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary consultancy. It designs the interactions between people and the built environment. Applied works for well known clients across the globe and offers careers in an important and exciting field that tackles the future of cities and the sustainability of the planet. At any given moment the organisation is delivering a range of projects which differ significantly in subject, size and complexity. It is vital to the success of the business that projects are delivered on time and exceed company and client expectations. It is equally important to the business that working for Applied is fulfilling and grows each individual.
Purpose of Post
The purpose of the role is to manage all delivery activity to achieve the company’s commercial, social and environmental goals. The key responsibility is to lead and coach the team to be successful. You will refine and create the necessary business processes to support this aim. The person will be an integral member of the leadership team contributing to the effective operation of the organisation.
There are three core areas of focus for the role
- Improve organisational effectiveness. Develop a coaching culture to maximise the impact from every team member to deliver the aspirations of the business and fulfill their own personal ambitions.
- Manage resources. Ensure the right team members skills are available and committed. Enable projects to be delivered on time and to forecast commercial expectations.
- Enable growth. Build a structure and culture that fosters innovation, supports initiative and enables the business to grow quickly as opportunities arise.
- Review, redesign and proactively manage resource planning and hiring.
- Develop a coaching culture to enable all members of the team to reach their full potential.
- Demonstrate behaviours that will create a great working environment where people can thrive and prosper.
- Proactively identify, design and manage a range of processes and their associated metrics that target the business plan goals to track performance and become more agile.
- Carry out performance management by conducting regular one-to-ones, internal communication and formal annual performance reviews. This includes leading the approach to HR policies and procedures for the business.
- Work with the leadership team to revise decision making processes, protocols and approvals, so that the business is lean and fast-moving, and yet has appropriate checks and balances.
- Establish a Training and Development plan for every person to accelerate their progression and job satisfaction.
- Revise and manage core company documents, handbooks and guidelines, that outline the policies and procedures for how people are managed and rewarded in the organisation.
The role requires a wide range of skills. We recognise that applicants are unlikely to have all competencies and experiences.
- Extensive operational and people management experience; resource management, coaching, delivering against SLAs, performance management, HR protocols and process improvement.
- Understanding and experience of people leadership and development.
- Experience at enabled process and system change to improve performance.
- Proven skill at developing working relationships with people from a range of professional backgrounds.
- Organisation, rigour and honesty.
- Experience of working in a service coaching culture based environment.
- Experience of working in the creative industry.
- Experience of working with a globally distributed team.
This job description is flexible and will evolve. The role will be reviewed periodically, at least annually. To take into account developments and growth, and with full discussion, the role will be amended.
Applied is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of their race, disability, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, national origin, ethnicity, age, marital or civil partnership status.
To apply for this role please answer the initial questions below and send with a cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Your answers to the initial questions will be assessed independently so please do not include any identifying information in the document. Please save your answers in a separate document named in the following format FULLNAME_OpsManagerQu
Initial Questions for Applicants
Please keep answers to be around 100 words.
1. Why do you want to join the team as an Interim Head of Operations and Customer Services Manager?
2. Could you outline how you have delivered operational business change to improve team performance?
3. Coaching and managing people are crucial to the success of this role. Please provide some examples of how you have managed grievances or disciplinaries.
4. Please describe what you think a great working culture looks like.
Deadline for applications: 23:59 16 January 2022
First round interviews: 20 and 21 January 2022
Second round interviews: w/c 31 January 2022
Please indicate your availability for interviews with your application
We will review applications periodically and may conduct first round interviews before the dates listed.