(or Marketing Director)
To achieve our ambitious mission, we are seeking a Marketing Manager. We also welcome more experienced (or more junior!) candidates as long as you are willing to do the work needed and grow a future team that you would manage.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining all our marketing channels, with a strong focus on storytelling and events. Your mission will be to establish Manara’s brand and grow two audiences:
- Tech companies (in Europe and the USA primarily) who share our vision for an inclusive & diverse tech sector that distributes opportunities globally.
- Software engineers in the Middle East & North Africa (especially women) who have big dreams.
Note: Diverse candidates often screen themselves out of job applications if they don’t have all the qualifications. Please apply if you’re excited about the role - we’d love to see your application!
- Brand-focused storyteller: From social media, to events, to PR, storytelling is the backbone of Manara’s brand and good writing and communication skills are essential to excel in this role.
- Social media whiz: You know and love sharing stories in creative ways & growing audiences on social media, including LinkedIn & Instagram.
- Experience with marketing and design tools like: Figma or Sketch, SendGrid, Salesforce, Zoom Webinar, and others.
- Multi-channel marketeer: While storytelling is your backbone, we would love someone who isn’t afraid to jump into paid marketing, partnerships and other types of marketing to amplify our brand.
- Fluent English: stories & social media must be published in English.
- Execution/project management: As a small startup, we depend heavily on each person to be reliable and effective. You get things done efficiently and accurately, with little need for supervision.
- Growth mentality: You love learning, are open to feedback, and can quickly learn new things.
- Team player/collaboration: We are a small but mighty team. We need someone who collaborates effectively with others, reaching out to them remotely (via Slack, calls, etc) as needed. You bring “leave your ego at the door” attitude. You roll up your sleeves to do the unglamorous work or support a team member when needed.
Knock our socks off:
- Fluent Arabic or French: if you don’t speak these, you’ll manage other resources to publish stories & social media in these languages too
- PR networks in Europe or the Middle East & North Africa
- Talent industry expertise: you have prior exposure to & expertise in the talent industry, particularly engineering
- Resourceful leadership: we want someone who is ready to take the lead, make decisions and find solutions. You should be ready to manage and motivate a team of freelancers.
- Remote: You have experience working on effective remote teams & love the flexibility it offers
- Ambiguity: You are comfortable with the ambiguity & change that naturally occurs at an early-stage startup. In fact, you view it as an opportunity to leave your mark!
- Passion for about Manara’s mission of creating a community that unlocks the full potential of top tech talent in MENA (with a focus on Palestine & women)
We are a fully remote team, so you can be located anywhere. Most of our team today is based in the SF Bay Area and co-works once/week. We also have a team member in Berlin and another in Palestine, and aim to grow our teams there. Our US team travels regularly to Europe and MENA and we plan to do an annual meetup for our global team.