At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives. It’s a place where you can be yourself, have fun and grow every day.
About the role
We’re looking for an Operations Executive to join our Operations team and support people on life-changing journeys out of homelessness.
After an intensive training period, you’ll work with homeless people to understand the risks in their lives and to support them to reach their goals.
- Motivating and meeting one to one with homeless people
- Designing plans to help people reach their goals
- Working with our awesome in-house tech tools
- Making a measurable difference by hitting social impact goals
- Supporting people practically and emotionally to get great jobs
- Humble and supportive
- At home in ever-changing, fast-paced environments
- Emotionally mature and adaptable
- Excited about the possibilities of tech to bring change
- Keen to bring your true, open self to work
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Experience and comfort with multi-tasking
- Compassion for people in tough situations
- Resilience and a positive attitude
- Respect for data-driven decision-making
We’re a small team working from our beautiful coworking space in Moorgate and at home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from the Queen!) and we're one of the 10 hottest startups in London according to WIRED.
We’re proud to be rated a top company to work for by Escape the City and The Dots and are committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here. We especially want to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage.
63% of people we support come from ethnic minority backgrounds, 40% have mental health issues and 17% have disabilities. We believe we can serve these people best when we’re a diverse, inclusive team.
- Salary of £25-35k – highly competitive in the tech for good and social enterprise space
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- New laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (minimum 20 days)
- Hybrid working from our Moorgate office or at home
We have a four-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30-minute video call with our talent manager
- Timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role
- Short presentation
- Three informal chats with people at Beam
Please note we are unable to provide visa sponsorship to candidates.
Want to change people's lives each week? We’re excited to hear from you.
If you’d like to know more, get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.