UK (fully remote, with access to a London office)
Who are we:
We are a team of engineers who want to get things done.
Our open core behavioural data platform is used by data teams to drive a better understanding of their customers - the right way. The open-sourced data pipeline stack, tracking SDKs and data models support teams to make key decisions on high quality, trusted data. We empower and actively encourage companies to own their data strategy and the data it creates. Data quality, privacy and security are our top priorities.
Snowplow is a technical product, so our Engineering team is at the forefront of what we’re offering our customers and community. We have steadily grown the team over the last two years, following investment from Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures. Our aim through this growth has been to maintain, if not increase, our productivity from those early days. We focus on building autonomous teams of engineers who understand where they fit in the wider Engineering efforts and collaborate closely with our top team of Product Managers. That’s us in a nutshell, but there is so much more we could tell you!
We are looking for a second Analytics Engineer (sometimes called a BI Engineer or Data Analyst) to join our Engineering team. The team you will be joining is focused on the technologies that our customers and open source community use to collect data (our trackers and webhook integrations) and prepare it for their various use cases (our SQL data models).
You will be joining a wider team of 20+ remote engineers who work closely with our product, support and customer teams. There is a huge opportunity to learn more about all aspects of engineering and data, from code to customers. Your work with Snowplow will be improving the experience of thousands of data teams worldwide.
What you’ll be doing:
● Developing and maintaining a suite of production SQL data models used by our customer base and the Open Source community. This includes partner packages for tools like dbt, Dataform, Looker, etc.
● Building out our offering around data modeling. You won’t just work on the data models themselves, you’ll work closely with Product and the wider Engineering team to shape the way we collect data via our trackers to build better data models, and what data model tooling we provide as part of our commercial offering as well.
● Supporting our prospect/customer facing teams by showcasing the possibilities with Snowplow data, such as powering personalisation and recommendation systems, or developing advanced models (marketing attribution, lifetime value, etc.).
● Being an active part in decision making on what we build to help our customers get more value out of Snowplow, and how we deliver it. You’ll bring a different perspective and we’ll want your input!
● Responsible for developing and productizing data models, focusing on scalability, performance and maintainability, and developing in-depth understanding of cloud data warehouses and common web and mobile analytics use cases. This is an area of growing focus at Snowplow; you will have the opportunity to work alongside our Product team on defining how our data modeling offering will evolve over time, both for our commercial product and open source.
We’d love to hear from you if:
● SQL is your thing. You have expertise in SQL, including manipulation of large data sets, performance tuning, etc
● You’re familiar with cloud technologies. You have experience working with data in a cloud data warehouse (Redshift, Snowflake or BigQuery)
● Experience with a modern data modeling technology (dbt, Airflow, Dataform, etc.)or BI tool (Looker, Tableau, etc.) would be a plus
● You are not new to engineering. You have some experience with scripting languages (such as Python or bash), CI/CD, and Git source control. Any experience with testing frameworks would be a plus
● You document and communicate clearly. Some experience with technical content writing would be a plus
● You are excited to work autonomously. You can drive toward a high-level goal and recognise when you need support or more direction
● We can’t do everything today. You’ll be pragmatic and balance our speed of delivery with our commitment to providing a reliable and trusted service to customers
● Our remote team depends on expert collaborators to work effectively. You’ll be a great communicator and enjoy working closely with the team
What you’ll get in return for being awesome:
● A competitive package, including share options
● 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
● Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
● Cycle to work scheme
● Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
● Mental health support including therapy sessions
● Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
● Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
● MacBook Pro
● Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
● Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!