This is an opportunity to contribute your logistics and administrative skills to help drive green recovery and address the climate emergency, whilst promoting youth development on 4-6 week placements in the Western Highlands of Scotland.
Raleigh International is a youth-driven organisation supporting a global movement of people to take action. Our projects on Re:Green are helping to protect Scotland's rainforests and ancient woodland, whilst building essential skills in young people to drive green action through conservation projects, as well as campaigning, leadership and social action training. We need Project Support Coordinators (aged 23+) to safely and effectively run our programmes from our remote field base.
We are looking for proactive candidates who can demonstrate strong leadership, teamwork and problem solving skills, with enthusiasm for green action and youth development. If you are keen to build your skills on meaningful projects that create lasting change or are just looking for an exciting and rewarding experience without travelling abroad, we want to hear from you.
What will I do?
- Collaborate effectively with another Project Support Coordinator to support the effective running of all our projects.
- Be based on our remote field base in the Western Highlands of Scotland, in between support visits to our conservation and trek project sites.
- Ensure all teams have the supplies, equipment and transport they need for their projects.
- Collate content gathered from projects and liaise with the UK Communications Team.
- Deliver a range of administrative tasks relating to the day-to-day running of Re:Green.
- Gain insight into the running of sustainable development programmes and their challenges.
- Receive through training from us in advance of your programme and during your first week before our Project Managers and young volunteers arrive.
When can I go?
We are recruiting this role for our programmes across 2022:
- 5 Apr – 1 Apr (4 weeks)
- 31 May - 10 Jul (6 weeks)
- 12 Jul - 21 Aug (6 weeks)
- 27 Aug - 6 Oct (6 weeks)
We also have other placements later in the year if you would be interested and available for these.
- Learn new skills to develop or change your career.
- Build your logistical, administrative, teamwork and leadership skills as you work on meaningful projects that create positive change for vulnerable environments and young people.
- Expand your knowledge of sustainable development.
- Experience living in a completely new and exciting environment.
- Leave with friendships made with volunteer managers from a diverse range of backgrounds and careers.
Costs and what is covered:
This is an unpaid voluntary position, with a required fundraising cost. This is £995 for a 4 week placement and £1,295 for 6 weeks. This contributes to the cost of running our projects worldwide whilst also paying for all expenses for you overseas including:
- All food and accommodation throughout your programme
- All travel during your programme
- Premium tailored health insurance
- Leading safety expertise supported by our British standard 8848 safety accreditation
- All necessary project training by experienced staff
- All project equipment, supplies and tools
We encourage all our volunteers to fundraise beforehand and can support you to do so, however you can cover this by any means you prefer.
Please submit your application to us through the online form on our website. Once you apply, we will be in touch about the next stage of the application process before your confirming your Re:Green dates.
If you have any questions about this role please contact us on +44 (0) 207 183 1295.
To find out more about this role and our other adult volunteer roles, visit our website at https://raleighinternational.org/take-action/volunteer/volunteer-in-the-uk-over-23/