Applied Information Group is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary consultancy. It designs the interactions between people and the built environment. Applied works for well-known clients across the globe and offers careers in an important and exciting field that tackles the future of cities and the sustainability of the planet. At any given moment the organisation is delivering a range of projects which differ significantly in subject, size and complexity. It is vital to the success of the business that projects are delivered on time and exceed company and client expectations. It is equally important to the business that working for Applied is fulfilling and grows each individual.
To ensure the smooth running and delivery of key client projects. You are also expected to:
- Manage client relationships so that they receive a high quality experience and service from the team;
- Expand opportunities with key accounts;
- Ensure budget targets are met for projects.
About the role
Working at Applied means working in a fast-paced environment where you will get to be involved with project management on a variety of projects. You will report to the CEO and be responsible for high quality delivery of projects on time and budget. This role is a mix of project management and account management. You will own the client relationship and be expected to maximise the value of key accounts by continually seeking new opportunities.
Please note we are currently working from both the home and office, with most people typically working 2-3 days from the office and the rest from home (subject to government guidance).
- Run client meetings for the project team (often in front of senior executives of well known companies);
- Project manage multiple projects with significant variations in budget;
- Own the client relationship, from successful on-boarding to project completion;
- Estimate deliverables along with project leads to produce timelines and costings for projects and proposals;
- Manage resource in a tight scheduling environment to ensure projects receive adequate resourcing;
- Ensure the team is on track with key deadlines and maintain a detailed understanding of project scope;
- Be the voice of the client for the internal project team;
- Advise on management, administration and acquisition of subcontractors;
- Maintain project documentation and tools in order to communicate progress and issues to all internal and external stakeholders;
- Establish timeline, meeting cadence and document control both internally with the team and externally with the client;
- Manage project forecasting and invoicing process;
- Provide general support and advice to the studio on resource and infrastructure development.
Who we are looking for
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-starter who loves working across multiple projects, and who wants a varied day-to-day role. The international nature of the role means being available at times outside the standard work-day and this role may require international travel.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- 5+ years experience as an Account Manager/ Producer/ Project Manager dealing directly with clients in a design studio context;
- The ability to quickly earn the trust and confidence of project teams and clients at all levels;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence and negotiate both internally and externally;
- Confident and comfortable with sudden requests and unforeseen detours;
- Experience and ability to stay productive when competing demands pull you in different directions at once;
- The ability to distil complex information into an easily understandable format;
- Experience working with teams running project programmes and budgets for high-value clients;
- Comfortable with public speaking/ presenting, especially to senior executives;
- Proficient in Excel, G suite, Mac OS;
- The drive to work autonomously and take initiative, as well as work collaboratively with others.
- Fluency in business French or Spanish (and other language skills);
- Experience reviewing contracts;
- Experience of taking an organisation through B-Corp accreditation (the post holder going on maternity leave is managing this process).
If you are interested but unsure if you have what we are looking for please contact us.
We will select applicants based on merit including relevant experience, skills, and interest in the role. We are a company that is fully committed to advancing people and society and looking after the planet. Applied is currently working towards B-Corp certification. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
How to apply
See below for details
Deadline for applications: 17:00 24 January 2022
First round interviews: 31 January and 1 February 2022
Second round interviews: w/c 7 February 2022
Start date: End of Feb/Early March 2022 to allow handover with the current post-holder
Please indicate your availability for interviews with your application
We will review applications periodically and may fill the post before the application deadline so please apply early if you are interested. We will remove the job posting once the post has been filled.