Title:SeniorBusiness Skills Developer
Employment Status: Part-Time (3 days per week)
Salary: £27,000 (pro-rata from £45,000)
Location: Remote, UK (our offices are in London)
Application Deadline: 22 January 2022
We are looking for a skilled professional to prepare, coordinate and deliver business skills training programmes benefitting our community members.
Do it Now Now (DINN) is an open innovation organisation committed to the social empowerment of Black people through the provision of access to opportunities for social mobility through entrepreneurship and employment. We bring skilled talent, charities, social entrepreneurs, start-up teams, social innovators, investors and philanthropists together to address social challenges, solve problems and support the development of underserved groups.
Do it Now Now has developed a methodology that supports the participants and secures the sustainability of their work. It is based on our success in supporting entrepreneurs through our support programmes. We call it ASAP:
- Awareness: participants will have a good understanding of their strengths and weaknesses as well as their short, mid and long term goals.
- Self-actualisation: we know there is no linear learning path and we teach to support the development of skills that can be used in multiple contexts for that reason.
- Activation: through case studies, simulations and support to apply learning to their context, we provide training that will stay with them when they’re under pressure.
- Personalisation: we develop training with personalisation in mind. We work to understand and are sensitive to the needs of individuals so that we can ensure their success throughout the program.
We are looking for a skilled professional to prepare, coordinate and deliver business skills training programmes for our community members. You should be able to translate our community members’ training and development needs into engaging educational courses.
Key role responsibilities include designing courses, developing learning journeys, maintaining records of curriculum and materials, gathering feedback and supporting the monitoring and evaluation of training. You will also support external experts as they translate their knowledge into courses for our community and work with colleagues to ensure effective delivery of training to our community members.
To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with various learning development techniques, be a confident trainer and speaker as well as a personable expert that can communicate complicated business skills information to inexperienced people.
Ultimately, you will ensure the effectiveness of our training with a mission to create a more knowledgeable community when it comes to startup, growing or scaling businesses.
Key areas you will be required to deliver training on include but are not limited to:
- Strategic initiative development
- Business partnerships
- Market development
- Business expansion
- You are an excellent business strategist or business coach
- You are a confident coach able to be engaging in one-on-one, couple, or small-group sessions
- You must possess the content knowledge required to give community members high-quality and timely business education from beginner to an advanced level
- You are an effective communicator, both verbal and non-verbal
- You have excellent writing skills
- You know traditional and modern educational techniques
- You can run a full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, deliver, monitor and evaluate)
- You’re highly organised and self-motivated.
- You are an ambitious leader. You recognise the importance of what we are trying to achieve and see your role in that.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to find things, solve things, answer questions, reach people.
- You are passionate about the cause.
- You have sound judgement. You work independently, and when faced with issues react calmly and logically.
- You're a positive, solutions-oriented, and entrepreneurial individual with a drive for excellence.
- You can engage remotely and with autonomy.
- You’re a team player and manager, with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Do it Now Now is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
Thank you for your consideration.