The story so far...
Sharky & George is one of the UK’s top events companies. Launched as a children’s party planners 15 years ago we have rapidly moved into other events areas including corporate adventures, weddings and large birthday celebrations. What sets us apart from other companies is our simple aim - to find the fun in everything! Whether thats at one of our energetic children’s parties, competitive corporate adventure days or our extravagant birthday parties. In our eyes anything and everything is possible and we have a lot of fun coming up with ridiculous ideas and have had the chance to work in some amazing locations across the world with some of the worlds most interesting people.
- Finding the fun in everything
What is our culture like?
Relaxed yet busy
One big family
Haven't grown up
Find the fun in everything
Can do attitude (to EVERYTHING)
The corporate events division of Sharky and George continues to expand and develop and we are now seeking someone passionate, driven and creative to join our team. With some seriously exciting events in the pipeline for 2021/2 we are looking for someone who is organised, creative and keen to embrace a new challenge. Events range from adult’s treasure hunts (with a twist!), to children’s Christmas parties for 1000 guests, to charity days and film screenings. We are also developing the international side of our business planning events abroad so we would anticipate that there may be opportunities for travel to support the management of these events in the future.
- Creative brainstorming and subsequent development of ideas for both virtual and real life events
- Supporting other members of the corporate team
- Creating detailed event proposals for clients using Adobe InDesign
- Researching new suppliers including venues abroad and sourcing new products
- Ordering, creating and pulling together kits for events.
- Working with the team to ensure all relevant licences, documents and assessments are in place before events
- Scheduling and preparing for client meetings
- Assisting with planning and executing events for children and adults including but not limited to liaising with suppliers and venues, hiring or commissioning props and sets, sourcing wild and wonderful things and overseeing set up and take down
Experience and skills we are looking for:
- A ‘can do’ and proactive attitude
- Happy to get stuck in on a practical level
- Ability to work autonomously under the direction from senior team members
- Punctual and reliable with a flexible approach to work
- Experience working on multiple events at one time
- Meticulously organised and forward thinking
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency using a range of office software, including gDrive, booking software/CRM, Zoom and design software ie InDesign
- Effective time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects against tight deadlines
- Excellent phone manner and verbal communication skills
- The ability to develop good working relationships with clients and team members
- The ability to be adaptive and responsive to problem solve whilst remaining calm under pressure and professional at all times
- Friendly, enthusiastic and personable
The role is full time, to commence at the earliest opportunity. Salary for this role will be subject to experience with the additional payment of a company performance based bonus. The role is predominantly London based with some flexibility for home working.