At Poppy’s, we believe that funerals have the potential to be life and grief-changing experiences. With an open and honest approach, we encourage, reassure, guide and support families to have the funeral that they want - whatever that means to them.
We're growing quickly, and we know we’re onto something great with our approach. We’re now looking for an energetic, enterprising Office Manager, to whip us into shape. We really want a driven bright spark who is a great culture fit with the Poppy’s team, and who wants to grow fast with the company.
You’ll spend your time with us:
- Welcoming clients and other visitors to our building, ensuring they are received warmly and kindly, in line with Poppy’s values.
- Ensuring the smooth running of our office and building, liaising with suppliers and stakeholders locally and nationally.
- Providing the financial administrative support necessary for our operations to run smoothly and efficiently and ensuring financial controls are in place and monitored.
- Supporting the recruitment and onboarding of new staff members, and assisting with People administration tasks.
- Maintaining and developing Poppy’s impressive reputation with clients, stakeholders and within the team.
Office management & administration:
- To answer the door to clients and visitors, providing a warm and responsive reception service
- To answer the phone and deal with general correspondence and queries with warmth, professionalism and attention to detail
- To provide general administrative support to the rest of the team to ensure the smooth running of office, including organising internal meetings and minutes, overseeing diaries and ensuring all teams in the office are well coordinated in their activities.
- To provide ad hoc EA duties and administrative support to the CEO/Founder and COO.
- To order supplies and to liaise with some suppliers and third parties
- To oversee the beautiful presentation of the office and client spaces
- To prepare sales invoicing, and upload invoices/costs to automated accounting system (Quickbooks), ensuring appropriate coding and allocation of invoices
- To review the bank feed in Quickbooks, ensuring payments and receipts are allocated and queries raised are resolved promptly.
- Undertake bank and other reconciliations as part of a month end check list.
- To manage and maintain petty cash, and ensure expense claims are authorised and paid promptly.
- To liaise with external payroll providers in respect of any pay changes, ensure smooth pay process: timely payroll, PAYE/NIC payments and monthly payroll journal.
- To assist with recruitment, onboarding and induction of new staff members.
- To assist the People Manager/COO in preparation and signing of contract and other paperwork relating to employee matters, and ensuring these are recorded on the HR system.
- To assist managers and team members carrying appraisals and quarterly review meetings.
- To provide ad hoc administrative support on other People matters, both operational and strategic projects.
- To champion and coordinate team social events, bringing people together across the business in more informal settings.
- To ensure Poppy’s values and culture run through the core of all we do, and to act as a brand ambassador, role modelling the promotion and embodiment of our values within the team
- To engage in Poppy’s strategy and implementation in line with values, goals and mission
- To take responsibility for your own self-care and to engage with the company’s resources available to support you (e.g. line management, reflection and support sessions, EAP etc.)
We’re looking for someone who’s great at:
- Proactively managing, planning ahead and identifying issues early
- Communicating effectively, confidently and positively and able to gain the team’s trust and co-operation
- Operating effectively in a collaborative team whilst also confident working autonomously
- Challenging others, offering opinions and taking feedback on board
- Using data to influence and drive improved performance
- Asking for support when necessary
We’ll also need you to be:
- Enthusiastic about and aligned with Poppy’s values
If you also have:
- Level 3+ AAT qualifications that would be excellent, but is not essential for the role
The finer details:
- Team: we’re a team of 15, some working remotely and some on site at our Tooting HQ. We operate a local hiring policy, so we seek to recruit within Greater London.
- Reporting: you’ll report to our Chief Operating Officer, Clare.
- Our core hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, but we do encourage a flexible working approach and want to accommodate your needs and best working patterns wherever possible – so if your ideal hours don’t fall in line with this, please do let us know and we’ll see what we can do!
- Vaccinations: the nature of our work means that we require everyone who joins us to have received both Covid-19 vaccinations, and in due course their booster. We will need evidence of this.
Crucially, we expect everyone on the team to be able and willing to develop a sound understanding of the gentle, thoughtful, natural way we care for the dead people in our mortuary. We have no expectations of prior experience of this work.
What you’ll get:
- Holidays: 25 days + 8 bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy up to an additional 10 days leave in one year.
- You’ll also get your birthday off for free, or a day off around your birthday if it’s a weekend.
- Additional maternity, paternity and adoption pay if you are taking time off to parent.
- Discounts on bikes and bike accessories via the cycle to work scheme
- To be part of a warm, autonomous, impressive team, passionate about their work
The application process:
- Apply by sending us your CV and a statement (max 2 pages) telling us why you should be our next Office Manager. We would really appreciate your helping us recruit a more diverse team by downloading and completing our diversity monitoring form. The information you provide is anonymous and won’t be shared with the recruitment panel. Do let us know if you have any access or other requirements that might affect your application.
- Please send your CV, statement and monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on 31 January. Applications beyond this time will not be accepted.
- Interviews: We will interview shortlisted candidates via Zoom during w/c 14 February. The final two candidates will be invited into Poppy’s for a tour and to meet the team later that week or early the following week. We anticipate making an appointment by 25
- February 2022.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email our friendly recruitment team: email@example.com