PEOPLE AND CULTURE ADVISOR
We are an open, friendly visual effects company with a penchant for doing the right thing. We carefully balance our incredible talent and professionalism with an approachable, can-do attitude. Crafting stunning visual effects for film and television, we also want our staff to have a healthy work-life balance too. Our team is fantastic: hungry to learn, passionate about their art and ready for any challenge. We’re a Certified B. Corporation: one of a global group of businesses doing the right thing for people, society and the planet.
This is a much longed-for role at Dupe, and it will play a central role in our BCorp journey. and our ambition to always improve how we impact the people around us. We are looking for a person that is passionate about people's wellbeing, society and the planet. The ideal candidate for the role will have prior experience in HR and a great understanding of policy and procedures. This is a great opportunity to define and develop Dupe as an enjoyable environment to work in and we want to be at the forefront of realising how to have a great work-life balance.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Please note that we reserve the right to withdraw this listing earlier than planned, therefore we recommend getting your applications in early. To apply, please click on the Apply for This Job button on this page.
This important generalist advisor role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and has oversight of the people function at an HR Advisory level. The People and Culture Advisor will work with the leadership team to strategize, advise on and implement up to date HR best practices, completing all administration around the people function.
- Working closely with the department leads to help recruit and hire the right people for our projects, including ensuring that job descriptions, person specifications and advertisements are up to date.
- Manage and administer the entire recruitment process for new employees and contractors, from identifying a vacancy to issuing contracts in line with current and projected needs.
- Manage and administer all areas of payroll with our external payroll provider.
- Work with the department leads to manage and administer the onboarding and induction process for new starters.
- Work with department leads to ensure probationary reviews are completed.
- Develop and monitor best practices for making Dupe a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Ensure appraisals and performance management are conducted routinely.
- Ensure all HR administration and data are kept up to date in line with GDPR requirements and to enable effective workforce monitoring.
- Monitor and manage employee satisfaction using appropriate tools.
- Ensure HR policies are kept up to date to ensure compliance.
- Advise department leads on HR related matters as and when required
- Review, and advise the COO, on workplace benefits.
- Maintain and monitor HR data, producing routine and ad hoc reports as required.
- Manage and address any employee relations matters that arise to ensure employee satisfaction and compliance.
- Assist COO and department leads in HR related projects when required.
- HR qualification- degree in HR or CIPD level 5
- Good understanding of employment legislation
- Understanding of Certified B-Corp organisations
- Willingness to engage with all stakeholders
- Willingness to undertake a variety of tasks
- A friendly and approachable attitude
- Able to use initiative and work proactively
- Experience of working in a B Corp
- History of working with charities and voluntary organisations
- Having an understanding of the environmental crisis