Reduce inequity by helping immigrants move money home by becoming the leading cross-border fintech for immigrants.
-> Founded by Harvard grads / 3rd-time founders --- also founded Segovia (successful exit) and GiveDirectly (>300M revenue, fastest-growing NGO).
-> Top performers from top and varied organizations (e.g., Bain, Bolt, Google, McKinsey, SafeBoda, Uber, Zipline) --- we like moving fast, and we hire people that do as well.
-> Driven by mission, guided by values (see below) – in deed, not just word.
-> Team as global as the mission, >30 languages from 25 countries (i.e., if you’re interested in learning to make Chicken Moambe, we’re the place).
Taptap Send is backed by top VCs (Spark, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital, etc.), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words or TechCrunch article
Launched in 2019, Taptap is tapping into a transformative shift in global finance: from banks to phones. While this has affected wealthier countries as well, it has been nothing short of a revolution for the emerging markets where the overwhelming majority of population had been unable to access digital finance previously. Its first product, Taptap Send, allows immigrants to send money home instantly and with no fee, saving money in the process. With a formal market size of >700B alone, we’ve got a lot more saving to do for our users. And that’s just the beginning….
Spark Capital, Canaan, Reid Hoffman, Breyer Capital (Jim Breyer), Unbound (Shravin Mittal), Wamda (Fadi Ghandour), Firstminute Capital, Slow Ventures (Sam Lessin), Helios Partners (Souleymane Ba), Co-ventures (Ali Hamed), Nikesh Arora, Samih Toukan, and many other context-specific angels
We’re looking for a driven and results-oriented Finance Assistant looking to learn and develop their skills while providing support to the Finance team. You will be integral to the success of our day-to-day accounting and involved in all aspects of Taptap Send’s transactional finances, including accounts payable, bank reconciliation and month-end reporting.
This is also an opportunity to assist on highly value-adding projects such as upgrading our financial software and improving our accounting team in-house. This role is ideal for someone who is detail-oriented, passionate about accounting and enthusiastic to work within a fast-paced, impact-driven startup that is constantly expanding into new markets.
- Management accounting -- assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts, including preparing accruals, prepayments and other month-end journals. Provide insightful, timely and accurate financial reporting as part of a best-in-class finance function.
- Accounts payable - own the timely payment of AP, coordinating with all departments and our vendors.
- Bank reconciliations - lead reconciliation of all group transactions, resolving queries with the bank or team members to ensure we have access to up to date and accurate financial information.
- Financial controls --deliver and improve our balance sheet reconciliations and, as we grow, contribute to building out new controls.
- Regulatory reporting -- assist with daily safeguarding reporting, reporting to our auditors in various jurisdictions, monthly regulatory capital reports etc.
- Financial systems and operational improvements -- help implement process improvements and important changes to our financial systems through various ad-hoc projects, such as assisting with the transition to new accounting software.
- 1+ year of experience as an assistant accountant or a similar role or degree in Finance (or similar) plus 2+ years of work experience
- Studying towards a professional finance qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA)
- Detail-oriented -- you sweat the small stuff
- Highly organized and able to balance competing priorities, including across teams and with external partners
- Collaborative, with a “can-do” demeanour and a flexible approach
- Good working knowledge of Excel/G-sheets
- Experience of Netsuite is a strong plus
- Right-to-work in the UK or Belgium
- Competitive salary
- 25 days, public holidays + Pipio day!
- Flexible hours
- Employer pension contributions
- Private health insurance
- Headspace Subscription
- Work from home desk stipend
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Regular team events
- Learning and Development budget for your professional development needs
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy.
Maybe, even have fun.
Note: we recognize imposter syndrome is real - any candidate that does not perfectly fit every characteristic of this role is still strongly encouraged to apply.