Full time, London-based, £40-45k
BeZero Carbon is a climate intelligence business that helps organisations make smarter Net Zero decisions. We support clients through BeZero Carbon Markets, a data and analytics platform for the Voluntary Carbon Market, and through decarbonisation and natural capital solutions.
Founded in April 2020, we are growing rapidly, already have an enviable client list and are backed by reputable investors. Our 50-strong team combines expertise across climatic and earth sciences, remote sensing technologies, sell-side financial research, data and analytics, engineering, and public policy. We are based in London but have people working across six continents.
We are on an exciting path to becoming one of the leading companies accelerating the Net Zero transition, helping organisations throughout the climate value chain and creating prosperity through climate action.
As a junior financial controller, you will work hand-in-hand with the CFO to develop, implement and maintain the financial plans, processes and policies of BeZeroCarbon.
You will have an essential role in building a progressive finance team in all aspects of financial management including accounting and financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, tax, treasury, and functional finance support.
In terms of functional accountability, you will be accountable for preparing financial reports, board and investors updates and assisting the CFO in long-term planning.
- Analyzing and preparing financial statements, including profit-and-loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements and statements of financial position
- Building and maintaining management accounts
- Processing payments, invoices
- Reporting to CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assisting with budgeting
- Performing ad hoc reporting and analyses
- Examining all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Supporting the internal departments by finding opportunities and ways to improve in the financial processes
Our ideal candidate will have:
- ~3 years experience at one of the Big Four companies or similar experience
- ACA/ACCA certification
- Knowledge of book keeping and financial processes within Accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP/IFRS policies and how to apply this in the operational processes of the company
- Knowledge of ERP, Microsoft Office and specifically of Excel
- Familiarity with cloud based accounting tools e.g. Xero
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure within a fast-growing company and deal with ambiguity
- Preferred: interest in climate / environmental topics
What we offer:
- Great opportunity to learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the scientific, economic and business community
- Opportunity to work in a cross-cutting role, interacting with lots of different parts of the business
- Growth opportunities that come from working at a fast-paced VC-backed technology business
- Central London office space (Angel) with flexibility to work from home 2 days a week + some flexibility over working location during the summer; as well as regular social events
- Opportunity for share options
Our interview process:
- Initial screening interview (15 mins)
- Second interview + skills test
- Final interview with senior management
- Reference checks + offer