Tillit’s mission is to empower everyone to invest with confidence, conviction & ease in the best funds across borders.
At Tillit we believe that long-term investment success lies in funds. But the user experience of investing in funds is poor, outdated and dull. We are on a mission to change that by building Tillit - a world-class, device-agnostic investment platform focused on offering what we believe to be best-in-class funds to personal investors. Through storytelling and transparency, we are creating an engaging user experience we want to help people make better long-term investment decisions.
Tillit means ‘trust’ in Swedish. Trust is fundamental to what we do and it underpins everything from our culture to the relationships we hope to build with our customers. By creating an outstanding product, providing helpful content in plain English, and offering an excellent customer experience, we seek to earn that trust from our customers.
We are a well-funded start-up, having completed our seed funding round in December 2021 (details yet to be announced). The company was built during the COVID-19 pandemic and the platform was launched into private beta in May 2021. After six months of beta testing, we launched to the public in November 2021.
The focus for 2022 is on evolving the fund discovery process, deepening the customer experience through content and new features, and expanding the product range. We will also be developing internal tools and automating operational processes so that we can deliver a scalable, secure, and market-leading investing experience.
Our tech stack
You may not be using all of these every day, but these are some of the technologies and platforms we are using and that you’ll need to know already or want to learn:
- NET Core
- AWS services - mainly Fargate, Lambda, SNS/SQS, DynamoDB, S3
- AWS CDK
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Back-End Software Developer to join our team and help take the platform to the next level. Working directly with the founding team, this is an opportunity to play a key role in the direction of the platform.
You will extend and enhance Tillit’s back-end systems to support new product types and customer experiences, develop GraphQL and REST API schemas in conjunction with the front-end team to support the platform and improve our resilience, scalability and security through incremental improvements to our system architecture.
- Extending Tillit’s back-end services to support new products and new internal processes.
- Taking over ownership from the CTO of a selection of the delivery of several back-end services and continuously improving them.
- Integrating new external APIs and data sources in safe, reliable ways.
- Improving service resilience and performance.
- Measuring and tackling technical debt.
- Improving monitoring and observability across the back-end (including distributed tracing, alerting and metrics generation).
What we offer:
- Position: Senior Software Developer – Backend
- Seniority: Mid
- Employment type: Permanent, Full-time
- Location: We operate a hybrid model and it’s up to you how you want to split your time between the office (London or Edinburgh) and working from home.
- Compensation: £60,000- £70,000pa (+ 10% for London-based applicants)
- Equity: Stock options giving you a chance to own a part of the company
- Pension: 5% employer contribution
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days + flexible bank holidays
- Personal development: Self-directed, accumulating, learning budget of £500 pa (disbursed quarterly) + MasterClass membership
- Product discount: Discounted Tillit platform fee of 0.25% pa
- You’re interested in operating across a wide variety of business areas on a weekly basis, using the latest technologies in a cloud-first environment.
- You have strong and demonstrable experience working on the backend of a technology product and want to work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team.
- You want to help build, scale and operate a platform to support a product that will change the way people invest.
- You want to learn more about new technologies and the investment industry.
- You’re comfortable working in a small team that deals with ambiguity and quick turnarounds.
- You are proactive, detail-oriented and a problem solver.
- You take a positive, optimistic approach to new ideas whomever they come from - and keep pushing them further, instead of shutting them down.
- You’re looking for a high-impact, high-visibility role within a small company where you are responsible for the work you deliver to production and think about quality accordingly.
- You seek and find consensus when proposing and taking technology decisions, naturally consider different approaches and can communicate the trade-offs between them to technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Demonstrable experience of designing, developing, implementing and supporting service-based architectures in an agile development team.
- Strong C# knowledge and a track-record of delivering robust, well-tested ASP.NET Core APIs.
- Solid relational database modelling experience, including performance optimisation - Postgres exposure strongly preferred, but any relational database is fine.
- Ideally some knowledge of or exposure to Node development, or a desire to learn it.
- Knowledge of and ideally experience of implementing DevOps processes, including managing CI/CD pipelines, Infrastructure as Code (of any flavour), feature-toggling and monitoring.
Nice to have:
- Experience in finance or any numerically-focused domain is a plus, but not required.
- GraphQL experience (especially schema stitching, evolution and management) is a strong plus, but not a requirement.
Please note that for this role we can only consider UK residents with the right to work in the UK.
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting FinTech with a growing team where you can play a key part in shaping the future of how people invest. If this gets you excited and you think you’ve got what it takes, then we would love to hear from you!