Title: Events and Training Assistant
Employment Status: Full-Time
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Location: Remote, London.
Application Deadline: 13th May 2022, 11:59pm
Do it Now Now (DINN) is an open innovation organisation committed to the social empowerment to Black people through the provision of access to opportunities for social mobility through entrepreneurship and employment. We bring skilled talent, charities, social entrepreneurs, start-up teams, social innovators, investors and philanthropists together to address social challenges, solve problems and support the development of underserved groups.
We have an unrivalled track record in understanding and supporting the needs of Black talent through research we have undertaken and the programmes we have delivered. Our team has deep experience and knowledge in the design and delivery of training programmes with 3 of the skills programmes we have designed being named Top in Europe by the Financial Times’ imprint Sifted in 2019. Our not so secret method is our propensity to put our participants at the heart of everything we do, underpinned by a strong impetus to collaborate with partners with sector knowledge. This is why we have received such praise as 'I felt like I was doing an MBA in 4 months', in relation to our business training program. We regularly receive 4 to 5 stars out of 5 from our beneficiaries and all have said they will recommend our programs to a friend. We are very proud of our beneficiary feedback.
Safeguarding: we are focused on ensuring our community members throughout all our programs are well supported and that safeguarding measures are put in place throughout all we do. Safer recruitment is a part of our overarching safeguarding policy. All volunteers, freelancers and staff are required to engage in safeguarding training before they start their work with us. Our processes are clearly set out and we make it everybody’s business to report issues as they see them.
Our events and training are typically centred on our initiatives:
- Common Call: a community of leaders in social enterprises and charities, this programme seeks to offer funding opportunities and skill development for the Black community.
- AfriTech XYZ: a community of founders and entrepreneurs in Africa working on tech solutions to local problems.
- My Moon Landing: a community of Black women, LGBTQ+, and non-binary people, MML offers support through events and mentorship.
- Do it Now Now HQ: the hub for our reports, news, and success stories of our key programmes.
- Black and Good: a community of Black entrepreneurs and founders in the UK, this programme offers support through online training and events.
- Voltage Revolution: a community of 18-24 year olds. This community is served by online training programmes and events designed to help young people gain employability skills and ultimately work within the tech and creative industries.
We are specifically looking for the following:
- Essential - demonstrable work experience as a trainer or facilitator
- Desirable - event based corporate fundraising experience
- Running the administrative aspects of our events based community engagement (e.g. feedback forms)
- Managing the online course administration (uploading course videos, editing automated transcriptions)
- Managing a digital information library; I.e. making notes of key resources, tools and opportunities to share with our events and training participants
- Facilitate events and training by welcoming speakers, running breakout rooms, ice-breakers and other activities to make participants feel welcome
- Uploading course materials into our learning and management system so that all participants are fully equipped to take part in the courses
- Support with community engagement activities such as podcasts, interviews and other outreach activities (including newsletters)
- You’re highly organised and self-motivated.
- You are an ambitious leader. You recognise the importance of what we are trying to achieve and see your role in that.
- You’re resourceful. You know how to find things, solve things, answer questions, reach people.
- You are passionate about the cause. You have a demonstrated interest and motivation to support young Black people to succeed in the digital and creative industries.
- You have sound judgement. You work independently, and when faced with issues react calmly and logically.
- You're a positive, solutions-oriented, and entrepreneurial individual with a drive for excellence.
- You can engage remotely and with autonomy.
- You’re a team player and manager, with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Do it Now Now is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.