At Mimica, we aim to radically reduce unnecessary waste by creating a new standard for freshness information with our award-winning temperature-sensitive tags that tell you exactly when a product should no longer be consumed. The company is at the pre-launch stage with many exciting challenges ahead. Our company values, such as “health and loved ones first”, guide our decision-making. We’re looking for someone to join our current team of 13 to work within the commercial team based in London who can help us with our first market pilots and beyond.
We’re looking for somebody passionate about sustainability, making a difference to food waste and food security and who wants to learn how a start-up company operates from the inside.
You will need a university degree, with relevant work experience in a market research role preferred. You should have good knowledge of designing consumer research including qualitative and quantitative methods, using statistical software and analysing , interpreting and presenting results and insights. Previous experience of food and packaging markets would be a plus although isn’t necessary.
You should be a brilliant communicator who intuitively recognises patterns and have a keen interest in converting data into powerful case studies. We’re looking for someone with critical thinking skills, thorough attention to detail and an eye on market trends. While we are a highly collaborative team, as you will be the only dedicated market researcher, you should feel comfortable with autonomy and self-motivation.
As one of our company values is diverse expertise, we embrace applicants from all walks of life. However, please note that at this time we are unable to sponsor applicants for work visas.
In the first 12-24 months, this role will focus on working with the management team supporting market pilots with Mimica’s initial customers, collecting quantitative and qualitative data to measure KPIs and developing case studies to help attract further sales from our pipeline of customers. Later, the role will develop into helping us grow the business in new markets and sectors. As a user-centred R&D business, there will also be a need to support the product team with smaller user testing studies to inform product development on various projects.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Coordination of consumer and market research studies by collaborating with the internal and customer teams.
- Designing and creating methods for qualitative and quantitative research, such as surveys, focus groups or video diaries.
- External coordination with consumer panel agencies.
- Analysing findings and drawing relevant insights in research reports.
- Collecting, analysing and interpreting desk research on market dynamics and future outlook, as well as the customer and competitive landscape.
- Preparing or updating market reports and market models.
- Use of Excel and other data management and analysis software.
What you’ll get in return
The salary range is from £23,000-32,000 depending on experience. Company benefits include:
- Self-managed (unlimited) time off policy
- Full company closure for Christmas period
- Flexible working options
- Workplace pension with employer contribution
- Access to free therapy services
- Allocated personal development time
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Free railcard
- Cycle to work scheme
Our normal work hours are 8 hours per day starting between 8-10am, although work hours are flexible and we're happy to work around your schedule.
We’re based at Workhub, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, an easy walking distance from Old Street & Angel stations. We operate a hybrid working policy and allow you to choose how much you come to the office.
If we’ve made your brain itch, please get in touch and send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org