About the role...
We're looking to expand our team with an experienced fullstack developer based in our London office who likes to lead, take responsibility, and motivate fellow team members to keep a high bar for quality, speed and security. You should be comfortable making decisions on the fly, as well as take the leading role in making sure the dev team is meeting deadlines and commitments.
You will spend your time…
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems in our web app and backend APIs that drive a complex web application in a backend-for-front end architecture.
- Use data to guide product and engineering decisions to focus on what matters most.
- Actively identify and address gaps in observability and monitoring of systems, while proactively improving the stability of our systems.
- Delivering performance improvements on web pages in order to enhance the customer experience.
- Work with the team to identify new features. Creating prototypes for new product ideas.
- Helping to develop our web platform, associated APIs and new features.
- Mentor and support other engineers on the team.
What you’ll need to be successful?
- Experience in full-stack role or similar
- Have experience with (parts of) our tech stack: React/Redux/Typescript on the frontend, and Node/Typescript on the backend
- Be comfortable shipping features end-to-end, from defining the product spec to deploying to production
- You are customer oriented - you want to understand customer needs and built the most relevant solutions and nicest experiences to help them
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility.
- Experience consuming RESTful API services.
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience deploying web applications at scale.