Overview: Office Assistant at SafetyNet Technologies
We’re looking for an office assistant who enjoys maintaining a well functioning and supportive office environment. Ideally, you buy into our vision for inventing technologies to create a sustainable ocean and want to work at an awarding winning conservation technology company. You will be joining a smart, generous and diverse team that puts engineering, design, science, business and innovation together to solve conservation challenges.
- Job Title: Office Assistant (In- person role, reporting to the Office Manager)
- Hours Part-time: TBD 5 days/week
- Salary: £22,000 pro rata
- Timing: To start as soon as possible.
- Location: 3-5 Hardwidge Street, London SE1 3SY, UK (nearest station: London Bridge)
- To apply: send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the job?
We have a great office located at London Bridge, which houses not only our company, but is also shared with a couple of other tech startups. As we’re growing and getting busier, we’re having a hard time keeping on top of office maintenance and managing to make it a space that’s easy and tidy to operate in. As our office assistant, you would be able to take these tasks on as well as provide your own input and leadership on how to make the space the best place possible!
Maintaining a Comfortable, Pleasant and Safe Working Environment
- You are the go-to person for staff questions about the office space, if you don't know the answer you will find someone who does.
- You host a monthly studio improvements meeting where staff can contribute to how the office is run.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the office as the main point of contact in the office, managing the office budgets, and keeping management informed of performance with routine and requested reporting
- We want to feel proud of our office space: Maintaining a good appearance of common areas, organising procedures, handling correspondence, managing filing systems, and overseeing supplies and equipment
- Oversee and maintain office equipment for uninterrupted function, identify and fulfil office supply needs, maintain and manage vendors, and coordinate food delivery as needed
- Assist with all aspects of the office’s space/infrastructure planning (moves, adds, and changes to the office) and provide answers, resources, and solutions as requested
- Ensuring that office services are functioning and well maintained, (liasing with the landlord as necessary)
- Provide direct administrative supports as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings, and events, booking travel, maintaining filing system, mailing and shipping packages, and updating contact database and employee list
- And perform other duties as assigned by your line manager
NB. Please consider applying, even if you don’t meet all of the experiences described below.
Previous success in office management
- Strong time-management and people skills,
- Can-do attitude, flexibility, and multitasking ability
- Basic word processing computer skills and experience with online platforms
- Experience developing internal processes
- Ability to handle confidential information
SafetyNet Technologies takes a user-centred design approach to building precision fishing technology to support a more optimised and sustainable fishing industry. Based in London Bridge, we are a team of 20 designers, engineers, scientists and business specialists who have built strong links with the international commercial fishing industry, scientific community and regulatory bodies. We’re working hard to find solutions to some of the major challenges that the fishing industry faces including bycatch and overfishing.
You’ll be working from our physical studio in London Bridge, London, UK. You will also be engaging with our other tenants in the office space who work on electric vehicles, kickstarter campaigns and hexapod robots.
- Make a BIG social and environmental impact using your technical skills in an exciting startup
- 25 days holiday pro rata plus bank holidays
- Health insurance plan
- Learning and development budget
Please send a CV and Cover Letter expressing your interest in the role to email@example.com.
We hope you consider joining us!