We’re Houst. A professional management service for properties. Our mission is to make hosting on websites hassle-free for everyone using technology to disrupt the short-term accommodation sector. We’ve grown fast. Since launching in 2015, we’ve partnered with thousands of happy hosts, helping them to make important earnings. The business has now expanded worldwide – we’re operating in over 20 cities globally, from Auckland to Lisbon, and there’s a lot more to come. From holidaymakers to full-time landlords, host happiness is central to everything we do.
We are looking for a bright candidate who has had some experience in an accounting function. At first the role will be more on the transactional side, but the aim is to transition into a broader accounting role with more responsibilities, taking ownership of the accounts of 3 overseas subsidiaries: Australia, France, and South Africa.
What you will do:
- Preparing the monthly management accounts of several entities including bank reconciliations and journal postings
- Assisting the Group Financial Controller with the consolidation of the accounts
- P&L and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Preparing the statutory accounts in line with legal requirements with assistance from local accountants
- Intercompany loan reconciliations
- Assisting with international compliance and ensure all appropriate tax filings and registrations are made
- Collaborating with global teams across the organisation to ensure accurate reporting
- Managing the financial in and outgoings of the in-house lettings agency
- AR and AP postings and reconciliations
- Assisting with the development and implementation of financial controls and processes
- Ad hoc projects with the Group Financial Controller
- At least 1-2 years experience working in finance
- Adaptable, driven, hardworking and proactive individual who can show initiative
- Strong organisational skills, who can work independently and excellent attention to detail
- A strong communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills
- A natural problem solver who can develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Solid understanding of financial metrics and accounting principles
- Someone who has completed, or is close to completion, of a professional qualification (ACCA, AAT, CIMA, ATT).
- Experience in startups an advantage
- We can only consider applicants with right to work in the UK
The Fun Stuff:
- Enviable company culture – we’ve put time into getting our work culture just right.
- Regular team social events, company-wide recognition of outstanding work.
- Hybrid working environment - 3 days in our London office and 2 WFH
- MacBook – For business use