TechnoServe is seeking qualified candidates to join our Fellows Program. Fellows take part in field-based projects ranging from 3 to 12 months in which they engage with entrepreneurs, industry experts, TechnoServe field staff, and other stakeholders. Please note, we review Fellow applications for our general candidate database on a rolling basis, and encourage qualified, enthusiastic candidates – especially those with French and/or Portuguese fluency – to apply.
While no two projects are exactly alike, typical Fellow roles often involve:
- Assessing and identifying opportunities for markets, value chains, and industries
- Crafting business and funding strategies in partnership with TechnoServe clients
- Strengthening the operations and/or organizational capacity of TechnoServe clients
- Designing innovative TechnoServe projects and proposals
- Evaluating program impact
Other, less frequent projects include researching and writing communications materials, developing training curricula, and designing strategic research for our clients and partners.
Please note that, due to COVID-19 and travel concerns, we have Fellows assignments in select field-based locations, and we are placing Fellows on remote projects as well. Remote Fellows can do very similar work as field-based Fellows, such as conduct market assessments, design business plans, and create operations and marketing strategies. One recent Remote Fellow conducted a study on the impact that COVID-19 will have on agricultural output demand, value, and farmer income in India.
This application is designed to give you the opportunity to tell us about your experience, skills, interests, and motivation to become a Fellow. We will use the information you provide to determine if a potential project match exists. Please complete the questions as accurately as possible to give yourself the best chance for consideration.
To be eligible for the Fellows Program, you must:
- Have successfully completed your undergraduate studies at an accredited four-year program.
- Have at least two to three years of professional, full-time work experience.
- Be available to volunteer for a minimum of ten weeks on the ground.
When completing the application, please keep in mind:
- You cannot change your responses once your application has been submitted. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if your dates of availability or other required information changes.
- You must attach a PDF document containing the responses to two essay questions before submitting your application. The essay questions will be provided within the application.
- Your application will be reviewed within two weeks of submission. You will be contacted if your background is found to be a potential match with a Fellow role.
Please send questions about the Fellows Program or the application form to email@example.com.