We're looking for an Equity Fundraising Manager to join the International Team in our Barcelona office. This business development role focuses on bringing the best of Spanish businesses to the Crowdcube platform. This is the perfect opportunity for a passionate individual to help us shape the world of start-up finance and have a real impact on entrepreneurs' lives. This role requires fluency in both Spanish and English and is based in Barcelona.
Who we are
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of businesses that want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words. In Spain, we have worked with over 100 companies (Bnext, Tropicfeel and Heura among others) helping them raise over 50M€ since 2014.
What you’ll be doing
As an Equity Fundraising Manager, you will play a fundamental role in driving our International growth with a focus in Spain, and impact how hundreds of exciting and groundbreaking companies access funds to realise their ambitions. You will have the opportunity to speak to leading founders and entrepreneurs from across the Spanish market and educate them about the fundraising process on Crowdcube. You will be given the freedom to drive change with us in the Spanish and EU ecosystem from day one.
Day to day you will:
- Generate leads for new investment opportunities, either from our inbounds, cold outbounds, tapping into your network for referrals, or through our marketing activities.
- Build and maintain relations with startup founders in order to gain an understanding of their business and funding requirements.
- Collaborate with colleagues from across the business, including partnerships, legal and marketing, to improve processes and provide feedback.
- Cultivate a thorough understanding of the alternative finance/startup/funding industry and keep abreast of significant developments in the space
The varied nature of this role means there is no set profile for the 'perfect' EFM, however, you will ideally have some working knowledge of the startup ecosystem. Perhaps you have worked in VC, at a top accelerator, in a sales role for an early-stage company - or even founded your own company prior to joining us! The job requires a wide set of skills, including top-notch interpersonal skills, a commercial mindset, an understanding of a sales process, and genuine empathy for entrepreneurs and the challenges they go through. We are looking for self-starters; you need to act as an entrepreneur yourself and are expected to challenge the way you work, adapting accordingly to the needs of your clients and the business.
Ideally, you are:
- Experienced in consultative sales, business development and/or partnerships - At least 4 years
- Commercially focused and able to prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve targets.
- Confident in speaking with C level executives, Venture Capital Firms, founders and management teams, with a natural flair for building relationships.
- Hardworking and able to embrace the change that is constant in a fast growth business.
- A curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside one’s comfort zone.
- Comfortable publicly representing Crowdcube externally via presentations, panel debates and meetings.
- Team player, able to collaborate with and support members of other teams to achieve the same goal.
- A natural relationship builder and negotiator.
And you will have:
- A passion for start-ups, entrepreneurship and fintech.
- Experience or knowledge of the Spanish startup ecosystem, ideally an existing network.
- Experience working with a CRM (ideally Salesforce).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with Crowdcube, you’ve either invested with us, have registered as an investor or worked at one of our portfolio companies.
- English and Spanish Professional Working Proficiency
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- Competitive salary + up to 25% commission
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Access to Plumm, a mental health platform
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a €1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team has worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.
For more info, please visit www.crowdcube.com/explore/abou...