About our organisation
The Soil Association, formed in 1946, is the only UK charity which works across the spectrum of human health, the environment and animal welfare. That’s because we cannot tackle these issues in isolation.
We campaign for change, we support farming innovation, we serve healthy food in communities, we support and grow the organic market, and we protect forests.We couldn't do any of this without our supporters, partners, donors and dedicated staff. We make a difference in the world where it’s needed the most.
About the opportunity
We are looking for the right person to join our Food for Life Business Development team to build strong partnerships and support food providers to meet our Sustainable Catering Standards. Primarily covering, but not necessarily based in, London and the Southeast this role will suit someone who is passionate about good food and sustainability and has the catering knowledge to understand our current food systems. We are a small, very friendly team delivering on big ambitions working closely with the wider Food for Life and Soil Association teams to deliver on our strategy aims around healthy and sustainable diets.
Our ideal person will:
• Be confident in their communication and management skills
• Be passionate about our aims and ambitions
• Understand food systems, catering, and kitchen practice
• Bring new ideas and energy to our team
• Be happy to travel, sometimes overnight, when necessary
•Have previous experience in the catering industry
We offer a range of financial and lifestyle benefits to all our employees, including:
- 27 days annual holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with ethical investment options and employer contribution
- Free membership of the Soil Association and discounts on organic produce
- Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sociable and engaging workplace of professionals that share a passion for healthy, sustainable lifestyle and produce
37.5 hour per week