Introduction to Again 🌎 🔂
Our mission is to shift billions of units of packaging from disposable to reusable. Again is building a distributed network of 100's of autonomous cleaning facilities, called CleanCells, each processing and cleaning packaging for reuse by the world's largest FMCG brands. Each CleanCell makes reusing packaging 90% cheaper for FMCG brands, by 2025 we will be the same price as single use.
We're building the next generation of automated cleaning cells 👩💻
Having secured partnerships with the world's largest brands, we now want to execute our vision of creating CleanCells, fully automated units which clean packaging, ready for reuse. The challenges abound and we must innovate!
We get very excited thinking about:
- Designing step-by-step systems which carry out a diverse range of tasks,
- Integrating pure mechanical design with electronics, robotics, sensing technologies, etc.
- Developing solutions which we improve upon month after month,
- Ensuring we design with sustainability, circularity and energy efficiency in mind,
- Building the first machines ourselves (hands will get dirty!),
- Progressing our early prototype-like designs into low- to medium-volume production-ready solutions,
- And a lot more!
We're looking for an experienced robotics engineer 🧠
You'll lead the design, integration and manufacturing of systems on the CleanCell 🎉
- You’ll lead the design of systems of the Cleancell,
- You’ll work hand in hand with your colleagues to integrate electrical and electronic solutions,
- You’ll put together and test some of the first prototypes,
- You’ll interface with suppliers for the supply and integration of bought-in technologies and parts,
- Later on, you’ll help our production team build our Cleancells in volume,
- You’ll participate in the building of the department and contribute to defining the best work methodologies.
You'll become a core member of the team 🙌
- We will create a vibrant and lively atmosphere at work,
- We will continuously discuss how to improve our approach to our challenging workloads,
- Together we'll agree deadlines and hold each other accountable to hitting them,
- We will consult each other on the talents we bring in the team as the company grows.
What we're looking for in you 🧐
- Proven experience with CC++ software development.
- Proven experience with Python software development.
- Proven hands-on experience in robotics / actuated systems control.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to develop and implement complex algorithms, learn and apply new programming languages, tools and frameworks.
- Experience in the mechanical and electrical design of robotic systems.
- Ideally, you will have worked with computer vision systems.
- Exposure to ML is welcome.
- Industry experience from machinery design from Automotive, Food, FMCG, Warehouse Automation, Materials Handling industries is preferred, as is waste water management.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Proactive mindset.
- Degree in robotics, software, mechatronics, or relevant field.
Why should you apply?
- Join a team that will design a complete solution to beat the packaging crisis.
- We'll pay you £50-60k depending on experience.
- We'll give you equity in the company.
- We spend time & thought creating a team atmosphere that's fun, creative and empowers everyone to do their best work.
How do you apply? 📧
If you’re interested in a role, or if you think we’ve missed a role, please send us your CV and an email introducing yourself to email@example.com