Legatics is one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups. Our legal transaction management platform enables law firms and their clients to collaborate on and close deals in an interactive online environment, providing clarity, reducing risk and saving time.
Our customers include some of the world’s top law firms, such as Allen & Overy, Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith Freehills, Shearman & Sterling and King & Wood Mallesons. Legatics has been used globally on live transactions originating in more than 40 countries.
We are on a mission to transform the $600bn market for legal services worldwide and to work with our customers to bring the way they manage deals into the 21st century. We recently closed our Series A fundraise and we now need creative and empowered individuals to help us execute on our mission.
Legatics has a team of exceptional developers, working with the latest technology stack on a complex web-based software project. We work following an agile process but, given our growth, are looking to improve these and other processes as we move towards short release cycles and broader automation.
We are looking for a Project Manager to take responsibility for delivery management at Legatics and to take a Scrum Master role, overseeing and guiding our day-to-day engineering activities. The role reports directly to our CTO.
As our Project Manager you will work to ensure timely delivery, keep the wider business up-to-date on progress and forecasts, and make sure that resources are used effectively. To this end, you will implement suitable delivery management processes, monitor effectiveness via metrics, and make adjustments as required. You will also coordinate third party suppliers and key customers, ensuring smooth delivery throughout.
As a scale-up we are in a period of growth across the business and plan to double the size of our engineering organisation over the next 12 months. We expect to expand the delivery function too when the time is right - giving you the opportunity to build and lead a small team if that’s where your interest lies. Progression from this role could be towards Lead Project Manager and Head of Delivery - but we’re equally keen to support moves between disciplines.
This is a great opportunity if you love working with technology as much as with people, as you will work with a diverse set of teams in a fast-changing environment and in a role which is integral to driving success as we grow.
The company is currently working remotely, with specific teams attending offices in London around once or twice a week.
What you will be doing:
- Taking responsibility for engineering delivery at Legatics
- Driving, implementing and iterating Agile development processes, including conducting daily stand ups, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives and making use of appropriate project management software
- Coordinating with stakeholders across this business, with 3rd party suppliers and with key customer contacts
- Working closely with the Product team on feature planning, prioritisation and roadmap planning.
- Ensuring the development team meet delivery timelines and managing the business’s expectations accordingly
- Ensure that the developers are working effectively together and are having appropriate technical coordination discussions.
- Ensuring that development of components is coordinated between developers and UI/UX designers.
- Leading the HR side of the development team, managing the working practices and performance of each member of the development team.
What we need from you:
- Strong experience working in a project management or scrum master role in an agile engineering organisation
- Experience working with technical and business stakeholders
- Experience in use of software for project management (e.g. JIRA or similar).
- Confidence to lead the development team and manage developer performance.
- The ability to produce software delivery plans and timelines and to manage incoming feature requests. Communicate and deliver presentations on these topics.
- An ability to work from our London office from time to time; and
- A right to work in the UK (unfortunately, we are not in a position to support visa sponsorship at this stage).
Bonus points for the following (but don’t worry, these are NOT essential):
- A level of technical understanding of software development, testing and architecture;
- Experience working in a start-up or scale-up;
What we offer you:
- Competitive base salary (based on experience)
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays);
- Pension with NEST;
- Mental Healthcare & Therapy (for you & your family);
- Personal Learning & Development budget;
- WFH allowance;
- Cycle to work scheme
- Lots of opportunities for accelerated professional development and career progression;
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to grow one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups;
- A warm, genuinely collaborative culture and an awesome team; and
- Regular socials.
Power in diversity
We put users at the heart of our design to provide legal transaction experiences that everyone loves. In order to make that a reality, we seek to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment that can empower our people to be creative, effective and innovative, to build a brand we are proud of.
We don’t discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence. We're committed to building a diverse team and are constantly looking for ways to improve our processes to help us do that.