At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems and we’re growing fast 🚀
Beam is scaling up quickly - we’ll more-than-double in size in 2022.
We’re looking for an in-house Talent Executive to join an exciting new team at Beam - the Talent team. You’ll be helping us attract and hire the world’s most exceptional people to drive forward our social mission. In this role you’ll hire incredible people and play a key role in shaping our hiring processes at a pivotal moment in Beam’s journey.
About the role
You’ll be working in a small, high-achieving team on a mission to build a high performing, diverse team. Working closely with our experienced Talent Partner and Chief of Staff, Rachel Astall, you will own your own recruitment processes to bring in top talent, alongside playing a key role in the continued evolution of Talent at Beam.
The measure of success isn’t just filling roles: we’re looking to hire top, diverse talent who can drive the growth of the UK’s leading tech for good business.
This role would suit someone at an early point in their career with huge drive, maturity and a desire to learn and make a positive impact.
- Owning the hiring process from end to end for key roles:
- Working with senior stakeholders including our cofounders to develop hiring strategies for role
- Writing compelling job descriptions
- Sourcing star candidates from LinkedIn, Otta and other job boards
- Scheduling and screening applicants via Zoom interviews and shortlisting applicants
- Being an exceptional ambassador for Beam as a candidate’s first and trusted point of contact throughout their experience
- Bringing and testing creative ideas to help take Beam’s employer brand to the next level
- Becoming an expert user of our ATS system (Team Tailor), using data to track performance and suggest improvements
- A natural relationship builder with a curious mind: you enjoy connecting with people from all walks of life to understand their strengths and motivations
- Highly results-driven, proactive and hungry to roll up your sleeves and hire the best talent to work on social impact
- Humble, empathetic and keen to learn as part of a team
- Passionate about startups and using technology to help disadvantaged people
- The type of personality that gets a kick out of being busy and managing a breadth of conversations all in one day
- Passionate about delivering an amazing candidate experience, including those that we are not going to offer
- An enthusiastic ambassador for Beam and our values while keen to bring your true, open self to work
- 1-2 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment. You don’t need to have done recruitment before, but experience in a sales or business development role would be ideal
- Amazing articulacy and story-telling when it comes to persuading a candidate that Beam is the best choice for their next move
- Superb organisational skills, including to manage large numbers of concurrent conversations with applicants
- Some experience working in a data-driven way - you’ll be bringing recommendations on the highest impact hiring channels
We’re a team of over 50 working from our beautiful coworking space in Moorgate and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from the Queen!) and we’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
- Salary of £25-30k, highly competitive for the tech for good space
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- A laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- 1:1 workplace coaching with More Happi
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Weekly team lunch in our Moorgate office
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (we recommend ~25 days + Bank Holidays per year)
- Hybrid working from our Moorgate office or at home (2 days in the office, 3 from home)
- Your own financial wellbeing coach, through Bippit
We have a four-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30 minute video call with our Talent Manager
- Timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role
- Task and 30-minute video call with our Chief of Staff
- Values and Executive interview with our CEO and other team members