Brink is a growing business, going global with teams in 6 countries and counting. The Founding Partners (that’s Abi and Lea) started Brink to make a positive dent on the world whilst doing work they enjoy, with people they enjoy doing it with. The time has come for an Executive Personal Assistant to the Founding Partners to join Brink. The role is perfect for someone who loves to think about the strategic stuff and also delights in the details, like making sure gifts we buy for partners and colleagues are both tasteful and sustainable or setting up tech tools to make the Founders’ lives as smooth and seamless as possible.
We want Brink to be the kind of place that it's a pleasure to interact with, so this role is for someone who would like to make each touchpoint with our Founders feel fantastic (organised, charming, warm and can-do). If that’s you, keep reading.
The big picture…
- You are a strategic partner in work that you do, whether it’s playing Tetris with calendars or spotting issues on the horizon, you know how to bring these things up without needing to be asked, you feel like a partner in crime.
- You create clarity for others by delivering the right info, at the right time, in the right way, through compelling communication.
- You proactively predict big picture impacts of everyday decisions and think through the logistics to create efficiencies.
- You are agile at a moment's notice, acting in ambiguity while exercising good judgment and discretion in all tasks.
- You know how to prioritise and multitask against multiple projects and deadlines while having a strong attention to detail and care for the quality of execution.
You’re the kind of person who is..
- Driven to create great experiences for others and have a genuine passion for providing outstanding support
- Emotionally intelligent, able to manage situations with good judgment, kindness and skill
- At ease yet professional with senior leadership, both internally and externally
- Experienced in using Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom and Notion
- Comfortable working in a remote first company that’s scaling
- Passionate about the details, from making sure calendar arrangements are seamless to considering the Founders’ energy levels through the week and shaping plans accordingly
The day to day tasks you can expect include…
- Manage and maintain multiple calendars; take a proactive forward planning approach to diary management
- Act as go-to point of contact for all internal and external communications; fielding emails and messages and managing correspondence as appropriate
- Prioritise deadlines, preparing all relevant materials for review, as well as carving out appropriate time in daily schedule for completing tasks across multiple projects and teams.
- Keep documents and assets organised and readily accessible. Help prep and coordinate materials for presentations, workshops, speaking engagements and press opportunities
- Manage and execute our yearly offsite retreat.
- Represent Brink through great communication and follow-up skills. Keep on top of emails, ensuring that follow up and responses are taken care of
- Book and coordinate and report on travel, expenses, timesheets and that kind of thing.
- Provide daily general assistance to Founders as-needed including running errands, making appointments and so on
We also look for these interpersonal skills (being a ‘Brinkster’):
- Growth mindset: keen and eager to experiment and learn, comfortable with not knowing all the answers yet and happy to let stuff go when it doesn’t quite hit the mark.
- Is ‘interoperable’: quickly establishes rapport with all kinds of people.
- Enjoys ‘making others shine': Brink is a low-ego zone that thrives on making our colleagues, clients and collaborators shine.
- Self-starter, proactive, can 'get on with it', has a sense of agency and a point of view.
You’ll also have access to extra things to support you to be your best self, in and out of work:
🐙 A role that isn’t available for anyone else and shaped around you and your interests
🏖 ‘Take what you need’ annual leave policy
🧠Dedicated coaching for your mental health and wellbeing from Sanctus
🎒 Brink retreats and away days
📚 Kindle with unlimited books
🎓 Training budget
🏡 WFH budget
🚴♀️ Cycle to work scheme
🐣 16 weeks ‘parenthood’ leave
How to apply
If you’re interested in joining us, please click on the beautiful ‘apply’ button on this page. It will take you to an online application form where we will ask you to upload your CV as well as a response to the following questions:
- Why is this the right gig for you right now? Please keep this to 2 pages.
- What are you proudest of in your current/previous role and why? This could be something that you achieved, a new process you implemented or anything else you’d like to share with us. Please keep this to 1 page.
You are encouraged to be as creative as you are comfortable with and choose any structure or layout to present your information, as long as you keep any uploads under 50mb.
📅 The deadline for this application is 10 AM GMT on Monday 6 June. You will receive an email from the system to confirm your application has been received and we will be in touch (we aim for within 2 weeks) to let you know if we’ll be taking it further.
Application Launch: Tuesday 10 May
Closing date: Monday 6 June
First stage interviews: w/c 13 June
Second stage interviews: w/c 20 June
Final offer by: w/c 27 June
Start date: as soon as possible after offer is made
🔗 OUR COMMITMENT AS BRINK
We hire people that don’t just ‘fit in’, but instead actively seek to help build and shape our culture. That’s why diversity and inclusion matters to us. We work globally across geographies, contexts and organisations, so embracing diversity, being inclusive and treating people with equity are central to what we do; we take pleasure in being that way.
Brink is committed to being an inclusive workplace that represents the diverse communities we serve and we actively encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from Black, POC, transgender identities and disability groups, who are currently under-represented within Brink.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, on commencement, or once in post.
How many days a week is this role?
This is a 0.8FTE to full time position, which is 4 to 5 days a week. The salary advertised is the full time amount.
Where is this role based?
Brink is a remote team with hubs in London, Paris, Kigali and Amsterdam. For this particular role you’ll be working from home in the UK or our studio based in London should you wish. You must be eligible to work in the UK. At some point in the future, there may be occasional travel (COVID-19 permitting).