What we're looking for
Above all else we're looking for someone who has:
- a passion to make a positive impact towards both the climate and biodiversity crises
- an unquenchable curiosity coupled with the ability to learn new tools and techniques quickly
A compassionate team leader
- has experience leading and developing the individuals within a growing team on their practice and careers
- effectively communicates and collaborates with colleagues and clients from technical and non-technical backgrounds
- has the ability to prioritise and manage work efficiently, and helps others do the same
- gives and receives feedback with candour and compassion
An experienced software engineer
- is an adept Agile coach and has experience successfully applying Agile in a fully-remote environment
- has a deep and broad understanding of the full stack from web (React) to server (Express) to infrastructure (Terraform) and beyond, is able to confidently deliver code (we use TypeScript) and coach engineers on these topics
- is a confident practitioner and advocate of the DevOps mindset
- constantly strives to know whether they are building the right thing and building it in the right way, utilising practices such as BDD and TDD
At Earthly, we believe diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. We embrace uniqueness and continually strive for equity for all. Ultimately, our team powers Earthly. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they've achieved. Our employee policy is designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
4-day work week: We are passionate about the right work/life balance and we give you back 1 day per week to spend with your family, on your health & wellbeing, to support other social impact projects and your personal & professional development
Flexible Working Hours: We expect you to drive our mission forward every day when you’re at work. Within reason, we do not mind when this happens. We just mind that it happens.
Personalised Workspace: We want your workspace ergonomic, comfortable, and productive. We offer a stipend for improving the quality of your workspace.
Parental Leave: Building a family is another full-time job. We want to ensure that you are able to fulfil your duties as a parent, without having to worry about your future at the company. As such, we offer generous maternal and paternal leave.
Caregiving Leave: We appreciate that life can throw difficult situations your way. If a loved one is critically ill or injured, or if they require end-of-life care, we'll encourage you to take time off and will support you in that decision.
Climate Positive: We believe in leading by example and provide you with the tools to map out your personal carbon footprint, identify reduction pathways and we then balance 110% via our NbS partners.
Professional Development: We want the team to always have opportunities for continued growth, whether that's in areas related to your role or not. We encourage you to reach out for financial support in relation to professional development.
The package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Future share options
- 23 days holiday
- Remote working (within 2 hours of GMT)
- Bi-annual team trips to meet and work with your colleagues
- Fortnightly team VR social sessions (Oculus Quest 2 provided)
To apply, please complete the form below. Thank you for your interest.
We accept applications from direct applicants only, strictly no recruiters or agencies please