Are you an experienced software engineer with experience of AWS, React, Python or Django? Are you a collaborative leader with strong communication skills?
As part of the Technology team, you will work closely with our engineers (internal and external), product, data, and various stakeholders to deliver high-quality software.
As Engineering Manager, you’ll help grow our engineering team and define the engineering culture at Oddbox. You will take an active role on the projects that are in-flight, ensuring we are meeting current requirements, but always with a view to our exciting long-term plans.
- In collaboration with our Product team, own the engineering backlog, setting the architecture and development direction for Oddbox.
- Manage and guide our engineering team, providing feedback, support and mentoring to help them to grow and develop
- Spend 10-20% of your time coding, keeping your skills fresh to contribute to the team's goals.
- Help your team to ship it, on time and on budget, measuring success in shipping high-quality software written with consideration for maintainability and reliability.
- Contribute to the architecture and development direction of the team to ensure quality code is written and excellent products are built.
- Lead on hiring new engineers into your internal and external teams, ensuring mission and values alignment in new hires and across the team
- Championing learning and best practise, for yourself and your team across code, architecture and processes
- Work closely with the product team and wider business to define efficient, scalable processes and procedures and ensure the team is working as effectively as possible.
What we’re looking for:
- Hands-on and highly technical with relevant software engineering experience (we primarily use AWS, React, Python and Django)
- Version control (we use git and Github)
- Experience of deploying dockerized applications to cloud environments (we use AWS and ECS)
- Experience managing and developing engineers
- Relevant experience writing and shipping customer-facing and internal software
- Collaborating with peers on code review, architecture, pair programming, and software design
- Experience working in agile sprints; contributing to requirements and estimating the complexity of work
- Experience working with different architectures (e.g. serverless, event driven, MVC)
- Start date – ASAP
- Duration of role – permanent / full-time
- Location – Our office in Vauxhall offers a great space to work and collaborate. Most of our colleagues spend 2+days each month in Vauxhall. Our colleagues also occasionally spend some time in our Distribution Centre in Croydon