⭐️ Purpose: Are you passionate about making learning accessible to all?
🌱 Growth: Keen to work for a company with a fresh $50M Series B funding who is expanding globally?
💛 Belonging: Do you thrive in an environment where teams have high sense of belonging? 97% of our team believe they have caring and trusting teammates and 90% of us feel they belong at Perlego.
🌈 Diversity: Do you want to work as part of a truly diverse and inclusive team? We’re a team of 108 people who are made up of; 28 nationalities, 23 languages, 6 religious beliefs, 24% BAME, 35% female and 7% LGBTQ+!
🤩 Happy: Most importantly do you want to be happy with where you work? We’re proud that 92% of our team would recommend Perlego as a great place to work!
More about our product & mission
In this digital age, we believe that anyone should be able to learn anything at any time. Knowledge should be more accessible, not locked behind sky-high price tags.
Over the past 5 years, our goal has been to support students across the UK & Europe to access quality books. The next stage of Perlego is two fold: 1) expand our support to students globally, and 2) build a product that goes beyond the book, a platform that helps students study smarter and more effectively.
Want to learn more about how we’re making learning accessible? Check out our latest impact report.
What we’re looking for
An experienced recruiter who cares deeply about finding the right talent for our culture. Someone with experience in hiring across all specialities and roles, however with a particular focus on technical and product hires. Someone who gets genuine enjoyment from creating an exceptional candidate experience and finding the perfect match for the person and the business.
How we work together
As a people & talent team we work in partnership with the business, we embed ourselves into teams and work closely to support our managers in shaping the right roles, skills and structures we need to achieve our goals and maximise our team engagement.
What you’ll do
- You’ll be helping us grow from 100 today to over 200+, taking over the reins from the brilliant Asil who helped us grow from 35-100.
- You’ll be responsible for leading our talent function, coaching our Talent Partner (Ellie) who leads our commercial hiring and responsible for hiring and training a new Junior Talent Partner who will support on talent admin and sourcing later this year
- You’ll own and be directly responsible for technical and product hiring, looking for a breadth of roles across product management, engineering and architecture
- You’ll be the leader of talent market insights, using this to inform and keep us agile in how we evolve our EVP to attract and grow our talent
- You’ll work collaboratively with Ash our VP People & Ops in evolving our talent strategy, plus designing and implementing the next iteration of our talent processes - from the interview process through to employer brand
- Be a cultural champion: embody and live our values every day, be an internal and external advocate
It’s the perfect role for you:
- Are a recruitment expert: you have worked in a variety of different recruitment and/or talent roles, you understand deeply the different styles and approaches to attracting talent and are confident in experimenting
- Think strategically about talent: you have experience with developing and optimising the strategy behind recruitment, not just filling roles
- Love an ambitious delivery challenge: you thrive with working towards ambitious delivery targets of hires, and are able to maintain quality whilst focusing on speed and time to hire
- Are motivated to coach and support: you enjoy coaching and supporting others to their full potential, you can flex your style to different individuals and you genuinely care for your team
- Connect deeply with people: you are first and foremost a people person, you understand how to build strong relationships with different types of people and value the importance of this.
- Are comfortable and confident using data to drive decisions: you understand and respect the role that data plays in building a talent function, you can confidently identify, analyse and use the right data points to drive decisions
- Are a marketer at heart: you are a natural marketer, you understand what an exceptional employer brand looks like and are constantly thinking about new creative ways to stand out
- Have a strong understanding and interest in the tech ecosystem: A deep understanding of the tech ecosystem and community in the UK and abroad
- Are positive & optimistic: what we do can be hard! You have energy, passion, optimism and a sleeves-rolled-up mentality: think quick, act fast and continuously learn from doing
- Are an exceptional communicator and storyteller: whether written or verbal, you are clear and articulate and understand the right language to use in different situations - you can bring people on the journey and sell a vision!
⭐️ It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience in recruiting internationally
- Experience in scaling businesses from 100-200+
- Experience collaborating closely with a People Team
- Have a general interest in books, reading and always learning new things!
🌱 Salary range available:
£65,000 - £73,000, depending on experience (plus equity)
We're making learning accessible to all and we want our ways of working to be accessible too. Choose between our impressive office in Chancery Lane, remote work or a bit of both. Work in a way that supports your needs and your life. We trust people to know what works best for them.
🌱 Personal development
We value continuous learning, you will get dedicated learning time, a budget to use and access to coaches and mentors to support your growth.
🧳 Work-life balance
Everyone needs a break, so enjoy 30 days off (incl. bank holidays) + 1 week over Christmas (or religious holidays of your choice).
🚲 Cycle to work scheme
We're committed to building a sustainable business, so we encourage cycling to work. Perlego will buy your bike of choice, which you'll pay back over 12-18 months.
🧘🏽♀️Health & wellbeing
We want everyone to feel healthy and happy, so you get the choice of a well-being subsidy or health insurance. You will also get access to a counseling support service via Spill.
We're a tight-knit bunch who enjoy our time to play. We have regular social events and activities for everyone - everything from white water rafting to board game nights.
🍼 Family time
We believe family is really important; we offer new parents a competitive parental leave.