About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital - founded in 2015 - is on a mission to empower all people to succeed in the digital age. Through human-centred, experiential learning programmes, we work with businesses and communities - supported by a global network of coaches, trainers and digital experts - to empower people and stimulate economies from a grassroots level and we needYOU to help us drive our learning programmes to achieve long-lasting change.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work, and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey.
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday.
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done.
- Referral, commission and bonus schemes (money is a motivator after all)
- Well-being initiatives and jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships.
- Strong tech set up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office!
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
About the challenge
UpSkill Digital is a training and digital empowerment agency with a fresh and dynamic approach to learning. Our mission? To empower businesses and individuals to succeed through technology by running innovative virtual and in-person workshops on a global scale.
Alongside our work in the digital transformation arena, we are passionate about supporting organisations and individuals in building inclusive and equitable workplaces where all employees are able to progress and succeed.
We're fast thinkers and quick do-ers with a meticulous eye for detail, holding our work to an incredibly high standard. We help some of the world's best-known brands think big and scale their learning programs at pace, and we love what we do.
What does success look like?
- 3+ years experience as a learning designer or instructional designer with a passion for making great learning content that supports Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Progression initiatives.
- Significant and demonstrable experience in designing a range of learning experiences (classroom, eLearning, blended etc) at scale, preferably within the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion sphere.
- Proficient in building content for a range of organisational levels including for leadership teams, C-Suite, management teams and grassroots employees.
- A strong focus on working to empower and enhance career progression of underrepresented groups within organisations.
- Comfortable working at pace, with a bias towards action.
- Someone who loves to ideate, innovate and fail fast, whilst keeping projects on track and clients happy.
- A passion for all things digital and tech related and an ability to disseminate this know-how in a learner-centred way.
- Experience of launching digital learning products and solutions.
- Degree, professional qualification or significant experience within a relevant area preferred.
- Experience of creating a variety of learning assets, including lesson plans, course curriculums, video learning assets such as storyboards and scripts.
- Exceptional attention to detail even whilst working at speed.
- Knowledge of LMS functionality and eLearning design and best practice.
- Someone who embodies our company's commitment to inclusion.
- Comfortable with using Google Workspace, Asana and Slack as core communication, collaboration and project management tools.
What are some of the things I will be doing?
- Support the Head of Learning in developing and maintaining learning content and assets that support our work in the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion sphere.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders, including clients, to design and build impactful learning experiences within the digital learning and EDI sphere - including end-to-end course development.
- Deliver high quality, client-ready assets within specific timeframes.
- Support the Learning Experience Manager on the ideation and implementation of digital learning products that support our inclusion mission.
- Ensure learning assets produced are learner-centred, pedagogically sound and future-facing.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Learning Design team (both internal and freelance) and members of other internal teams to provide consistently high-quality learning program delivery to our clients.
- Support the onboarding of new training facilitators to ensure our learning products are delivered as effectively as possible.
- Develop innovative and immersive learning solutions that help tackle issues that impact marginalised groups, and support organisations to build more inclusive and equitable work environments.
- Contribute to the creation of sales and marketing assets where appropriate and in collaboration with our Growth team and marketing agency.
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application. We believe in transparency here at UpSkill so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- Send us your CV and cover letter, as well as any links to your portfolio or relevant work you have undertaken
- If you have the relevant experience and skills, we will give you a chance to show these through a test specifically designed for the role
- You will then be set up for an interview with your potential manager to go through your test response and so you have the chance to ask questions and learn a bit more about the team you are joining
- Finally, you will have a last stage interview with your potential Head of Department who will make the final decision in the hiring process (sometimes the last two stages are combined)
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.