Would you like to join a rapidly growing company where you can grow your own product vision and strategy and build products that will positively impact millions of young people around the world?
Are you a passionate, user experience driven and data enthusiastic Senior Product Manager (PM) who has experience launching new products in the startup world?
Virtual Internships is a Remote First EdTech startup that delivers global work experience programs for young people to pursue their dream career. We’re proud to be on ‘Tech in Asia’s Top 50 Rising Startup’ List (No.6 in Vietnam) and backed by some of the world’s top investors including Sequoia, 500 Global, among others. You'll be joining a diverse and passionate team of 120+ working remotely across 20+ countries and in our Ho Chi Minh City office.
If you want to work in a flexible working environment where you can own product vision, strategies, and design and build new products and systems from scratch using the tools you choose, then read on!
What you will do
Our Product Team is currently made up of a Head of Product, 1 Lead PM, 1 Product Associate, 2 BAs, 1 UX/UI Designer and we aim to triple in size this year!
Working with a world-class globally distributed team, you will work in one of 3 squads- Student Experience, Company Experience and Partner Experience and Internal Systems.
With the freedom to choose which squad fits you best, you will have ownership of key product strategies and goals of the VI platform on creating exceptional and impactful experiences.
- Work with a squad comprising of designers, engineers and business analysts and collaborate with the Student/ Company/ Partner Experience teams and other teams to build and grow the platform
- Play a central role in evangelizing the company experience platform with internal and external stakeholders
- Define and own Product Strategy, Objectives-Key Results for the platform, and measure success against goals
- Own responsibilities of identifying and collecting actionable insights for the platform from internal and external stakeholders, adding these to the product strategy and roadmap
- Own, write and revise Product Requirements for design and engineering
- Work with analysts to test and measure results of launches and experiments, assess impact and iterate based on insights gathered to reach product goals
What do we offer?
Flexibility- flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
Remote working - with a budget to support your remote work setup, wherever you choose to work from
Open-minded leaders- with colleagues who care about your career goals. There are monthly global virtual events including town halls, ask me anything sessions, virtual coffee chats, and virtual team building
Professional Development- with a budget that you can utilize however you wish
Company Laptop- paid for by VI
Birthday Leave- go enjoy yourself on your birthday without needing to use your annual leave
Direct contribution- ideas and solutions are encouraged from everyone. Your input is valued and you have a unique opportunity to directly impact the success and help shape the future of VI
Meritocracy- a culture that prides itself on internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our managerial team have risen up (quickly) through the company, including our COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Company Experience and Head of Intern Experience
More about Virtual Internships
We’re on a mission to bridge the gap between education and the workplace by making internships accessible to all and preparing young people for the future of work.
To do this, we partner with innovative universities, foundations, governments, and companies from around the world.
Some Highlights include:
- Selected by HolonIQ as a Top 100 EdTech Startup 2021
- Selected by Jisc & Emerge Education as a Top 20 EdTech Startup ready to address the education’s sector’s biggest challenges
- Featured on Forbes, BBC News, BBC World, The Telegraph, The Independent, and Professionals in International Education
- Winners of the prestigious MassChallenge accelerator program
- 3+ years of relevant product management experience in product-led growth environment
- Ownership- you’re not someone who just gets told what to do. You’re the driver in the discovery phase and thrive when you have complete ownership of initiating and driving projects with minimum guidance and oversight
- Solid experience identifying, analyzing and interpreting data to make data-led product decisions
- Comfortable working in a startup environment- you’re used to ‘firefighting’ and putting yourself out of your comfort zone
- The ability to understand and convince internal and external stakeholders, and communicate analyses results clearly and effectively
- Strong understanding of capturing user insights to create exceptional user experiences
- Excellent focus on attention to detail and strong quantitative skills
- Fluency in English- (you don’t need an IELTS, but if you did it would be 7.0+)
- Ability to work at least 4 hours of crossover with Indochina timezone (9-5pm)
It's a bonus if you also have:
- Good technical understanding and experience working with engineering teams
- UI/UX skills with an ability to get the best out of designers and recognize great design
- A degree in or previous work experience in engineering/analytics/design/psychology/business