Enapter is a unique, fast-growing and award-winning electrolyser manufacturer on a mission to replace fossil fuels with green hydrogen. We’re a big international team, driven and united by a common vision and guided by our core principles – urgency, simplicity and transparency. To learn about our plan to help flip global warming, please read the Enapter Whitepaper. If it thrills you as much as it thrills us, this position might be for you.
We are looking for an R&D Testing Scientist (m/f/d) who is passionate about bringing us even closer to our dream of putting fossil fuels out of business. The right person will become part of our electrolyser development and validation team in Pisa, Italy. If you identify with our product and values, and want to play an active role in the hydrogen movement, then Enapter is the place for you! We’d love to hear all about it in your application!
- Set up experimental tests and studies in the R&D department, create test reports based on test plans and experiments
- Work both independently and in collaboration with the rest of the team on R&D projects within the electrolyser development and validation team
- Utilise Python to analyse data in order to generate reports, graphs and create basic models.
- Interact and communicate efficiently with other teams and departments
- Apply your proactive attitude, critical thinking skills and collaborative mindset while approaching complex daily problems
- First things first: Enthusiasm for the part green hydrogen will play in tomorrow’s world and Enapter’s role in it
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Electrochemistry, Chemistry or similar
- A minimum of 3 years proven hands on experience in R&D departments and expertise in electrochemical devices or energy conversion systems, with mechanical and electrical components
- Excellent knowledge of electrochemical phenomena and proven experience with applied electrochemistry (electrochemical reactions, corrosion phenomena, kinetics, etc..)
- Hands on experience with characterization methods (polarization curve, EIS, etc.)
- Academic or industrial experience with fuel cells and electrolysers would be advantageous
- An innovative approach to new concepts and the capability to transform them into practical and measurable deliverables
- Excellent English communication skills are a must, German and Italian are a plus
- The opportunity to help shape the future of energy in one of the most dynamic companies in the hydrogen industry
- An exciting working environment at our original R&D and production facility just outside of Pisa
- A market-oriented compensation package
- Lots of responsibility and creative freedom
- Truly flat hierarchies and great, green colleagues
We know that diverse groups drive progress faster. As a company with focus on R&D, this is particularly important to us and why we embrace and celebrate diversity. We explicitly welcome any application that brings additional perspectives to Enapter. So, if you believe that you can draw from your unique background and experiences to add new perspectives to our team, please tell us about this. We look forward to hearing from you!