Job title: Academy Lead
Salary: £35,000 pro annum
Contract: initially 6 months, full-time
About UpSkill Digital
UpSkill Digital - founded in 2015 - is on a mission to empower all people around the world to succeed in the digital age. Through human-centred, experiential learning programmes, we work with businesses and communities - supported by a global network of coaches, trainers and digital experts - to empower people and stimulate economies from a grassroots level.
Working at UpSkill
Working at UpSkill is more than ‘just another job’, it’s a chance to build something that matters with a team that truly cares. You’ll get the freedom, tools and support to bring your best self to work, and make an impact where it matters most.
We offer you an abundance of benefits and initiatives that actually matter such as:
- Access to annual learning grants so you can take control of your learning and development journey
- Early Friday finishes because you deserve it!
- Unlimited paid holiday
- Agile working environment - we aren't worried about where you work from as long as you get what you need to get done
- Referral, commission and bonus schemes (money is a motivator after all)
- Well-being initiatives and jam-packed social schedule for the chance to build real, meaningful relationships
- Strong tech set up, whether you are working from home or decide to visit our London office!
So, if you're looking for a change and you're ready for a challenge, then get in touch!
About the challenge
The purpose of this role is to manage the Academy team to ensure the programmes we are currently delivering are launched within budget, on-time and to client standards. Initially this will involve the launch of our AWS re/Start and Data Analyst training bootcamps.
This role is primarily focused on programme delivery and direction, ensuring we provide a first-class service to both participants and the clients we serve. There will also be a requirement to work with the Client Team to ensure we pitch the bootcamp programmes effectively and close sales effectively.
Please note, this role is initially offered on a 6 month full-time contract.
What does success look like?
- 3+ years experience in programme management, design or delivery
- Experience in business development, sales or recruitment is highly valuable
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrable proficiency in oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused environment
- Successful track record working in a close team environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritise activities effectively while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to translate business requirements into strategic talent acquisition actions with positive, measurable business impact
- A true self-starter who brings a willingness to be hands-on throughout daily activities
- A flexible approach and ability to operate in a fast-moving and demanding environment
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking systems to manage candidates and LinkedIn Recruiter for sourcing
- Full proficiency in English (additional languages would also be extremely beneficial)
What are some of the things I will be doing?
- Oversee the overall delivery of all Academy bootcamps and programme offerings, ensuring we deliver bootcamps on-time, within budget and to both UD and client satisfaction
- Manage the Community Manager and ensure they are actively in charge of all learner comms before, during and post-bootcamp. Ensure they meet the desired KPIs in terms of response rates and learner retention
- Manage the bootcamp Recruiter to ensure we meet all learner acquisition targets and retain learners through the onboarding process
- Manage the team as it expands, creating job descriptions and ensuring it is set up for success, delivering training where required and ensuring the team’s structure enables it to scale effectively
- Ideate new bootcamp offerings and ensure innovation projects are scoped successfully and designed effectively
- Work with Learning and Talent teams to onboard freelancers, manage their workloads, create new products and ensure we have the talent required to deliver these effectively
- Manage and grow content partnerships
- QA all content and ensure it is designed to a high standard, is accessible and adheres to Academy brand guidelines
- Work with our marketing team to ensure campaigns attract learners and employers alike
- Collaborate with the Sales and Client Services teams to ensure we are selling a scalable, attractive offer, keep employers front-of-mind and equip their teams with the knowledge they need to sell bootcamps
- Support with pitching the bootcamp offering to prospective clients, creating and delivering pitches where required
- Overseeing the administrative and financial reporting of all Academy projects
- Identifying opportunities to grow and scale our offering
Does this sound like you? Then get involved!
We would love to get a feel for your approach and personality so if you feel you would be a great fit, please submit your application.
We believe in transparency here at UpSkill so we wanted to share a little more about our recruitment process:
- The first stage is a 30 minute informal chat so we can get to know you and understand your motivations to join us
- We will give you a chance to show off your skills through a test specifically designed for the role
- Finally, you will have a last stage interview with a team member from another department to ensure that we are not being biased in our approach
UpSkill Digital is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. All relevant and qualified applicants will be considered regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and age.