ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently looking for an exceptional Chief of Staff to support our COO on integral business-wide projects and strategy. We’re reinforcing our foundations at Founders Pledge and this role will be the lynchpin of the business as we grow, ensuring strategy is set clearly and followed, maintaining effective governance of our entities, top-class project management and general business compliance. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, international nonprofit, in an essential role with lots of exposure and collaboration across the senior team!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing business-wide, non-technical projects on behalf of the COO. This will include continuity planning, strategy work, and working with our People Director on people initiatives.
- Governance and oversight of our multiple entities (UK, US, Germany), including full ownership of our board meeting process (including Audit and Risk Committees). This will include generating, project managing and collating content for board packs. You’ll liaise directly with board members to update on resolutions, actions and updates as necessary.
- Owning and delivering the submission of required forms and filings to ensure compliance across the entire business globally, partnering with finance and working with external legal support where necessary to proactively avoid non-compliance.
- Managing the scheduling and logistics of the ongoing strategy process which includes bi-annual in-person strategy meetings, ensuring all stakeholders are engaged.
- Organising and overseeing all Founders Pledge policies, across all functions. You'll roll out a system for keeping them updated and ensure that staff understand their application.
- Organising, supporting and improving company-wide meetings, including our weekly All Hands.
- Light EA support, including scheduling meetings, preparing slides, taking minutes and following-up.
- Building, maintaining and improving business processes that lighten the administrative burden on yourself and others.
Aspirationally, we’d hope that in the future you’ll also be able to attend meetings on behalf of the COO.
Overall we’re looking for someone with strong project management experience from a Chief of Staff, EA or other business operations role. You’ll know the ins and outs of autonomously running a business and be the safe pair of hands to ensure that Founders Pledge can achieve its goals in 2022 and beyond.
You’re likely to have:
- Great project management instincts - you’re able to spin many plates and expertly manage stakeholders of all levels. You’re able to keep those involved in projects engaged and up-to-date.
- Top class written and verbal communication skills. You might draft a small volume of emails on behalf of our COO and you’ll need to communicate effectively both internally and externally. Experience taking board minutes would be hugely beneficial, or the desire to learn this skill.
- Understanding of the compliance and business regulation requirements in multiple jurisdictions, with experience managing and submitting forms and filings to ensure compliance across the business.
- General familiarity with legal entity structures, with the ability to decipher articles of association, and understand when adjustments or resolutions are required. You’ll be comfortable reading contracts, interpreting legal documents or frameworks and have the instinct to know when we need to involve external legal help vs. managing internally.
- Experience in philanthropy would be a plus, but not essential!
WHY WORK WITH US?
You can find more about the benefits we offer here, but what makes us truly special is both our mission and our people. We’re a diverse team, from both charitable and commercial backgrounds, who believe that amazing things can happen when we tackle problems together. We offer a flat structure and an opportunity to help shape the future of philanthropy.
We have a global flexible first approach to working.
We ask that applicants to this role are based in/around London and we anticipate you’d need to work from our small London HQ for at least 2 days per week. Otherwise, you just need a great home wifi connection and we’ll provide you with everything else you need to be successful in your role.
On top of this, we’ll bring the global team together once per year (when it’s safe to do so)!
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Founders Pledge. We seek people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share our drive to understand and solve complex social challenges. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Finding solutions to the world’s most pressing problems requires different perspectives and unique ways of thinking and we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone can do their best work.