Who are we?
At Cogo, we're on a mission to help millions of people and businesses worldwide to understand and reduce their carbon footprint and create a fairer, more sustainable world.
We build tech solutions that help businesses and consumers measure and improve their impact. We have partnered with the biggest banks in the world and created a free consumer app and real-time API to empower individuals to use their money to shape a future they value. If you want to use your skills to help address some of the major challenges facing humanity, such as climate change, come join us!
Join our People Team
We are looking for a UK or NZ based Head of People Experience to join our growing People Team. We're looking for a candidate who can effectively lead Cogo’s People Experience function. This role will help embed great people processes, and cultivate and nurture a global culture aligned with Cogo’s values. The Head of People Experience will ensure Cogo is meeting its employer responsibilities, and remains compliant with employment legislation regionally. The ideal candidate is passionate about people and culture, as well as having a good amount of experience in the HR field.
- Drive a people first culture at Cogo, championing a values-led environment and growing highly effective leaders
- Design and deliver Cogo’s People Experience (PX) strategy to enable the company's vision, informed and supported by relevant metrics
- Ultimate leadership of Cogo’s global recruitment strategy, building a world class employment brand and delivering a pipeline of aligned and highly talented potential employees so Cogo always has the right talent to meet its objectives
- Create and maintain people-centric practices, policies and tools that support our culture and reflect our values, supporting a great employee experience.
- Oversee management and resolution of complex employee issues
- Develop the global PX team
- Ensure highly effective internal communication and lead our change management across the global organisation
- Guide our people with integrity and respect, helping our staff to lead with Diversity and Inclusion principles
- Foster a company-wide Learning culture, including identifying and delivering opportunities for growth for all employees - so that everyone leaves Cogo better off
- Deliver excellent health, safety and wellbeing practices and outcomes
- Identify, implement, and facilitate where possible, learning/training opportunities that strengthen the culture of the team and support continuous improvement
- Expertise in leading people experience strategies and activities
- Superb people skills and expertise in Human Resources
- Ability to evaluate, assess, and consider risks
- Experience in training and developing people
- Good research and analytical skills
- Comfortable with legal terminology, frameworks, and legislation
- Highly organised with good time management
- Ability to support opportunities for business development
- Are excited to work in a company making a positive change in the world, and passionately engaged in the Cogo mission
- Have ability to quickly understand company culture and values and can identify ways to further bring them to life
- Thrive when helping people reach their full potential
- Love learning and seek to suggest and carry out improvements to strategies and processes
- Are inquisitive, curious, kind and optimistic
- Appreciate good and clear communication and work to embed this
- Demonstrate motivation and ambition, striving to make good things better
- Are respectful, not only to people, but to processes, taking the time to do things well
The salary for this role is £86,000 - £100,000
This role closes on the 31st of May so please send your application in as soon as possible.
We believe that sharing about our unique Cogo culture during the hiring process helps to create a more transparent and engaging experience for our candidates. So here’s what you can expect from life at Cogo.
Dedication to sustainability and commitment to integrity:
- Proud 'Certified B' Corporation
- Active member of the Tech Talent Charter, committed to delivering diversity in the tech sector
- Sustainable travel stipend for environmentally conscious transport
Culture founded on transparency and trust:
- Fully transparent pay scale across the entire business
- Equal pay opportunities for all team members
- Clear promotion pathways and competency framework available for each role
Commitment to our people:
- Personal and professional development stipend
- Flexible and remote working options
- Wellbeing initiatives across all teams
- Generous paid leave policies including:
- 5 weeks annual leave (plus public holidays),
- Unlimited sick leave,
- Parental leave and return to work flexibility,
- Extra day off on your birthday,
- Paid day volunteering at a charity of your choice.
We look forward to sharing more about these benefits and our Cogo culture with you during our interviews.
Cogo has a vaccination policy for its shared office spaces. At this time, Cogo does not provide employment sponsorship and/or relocation allowances for candidates. We can only consider candidates who are currently residing in the city/country where we are hiring for the role, or with specific plans to relocate there.
If you have any questions during your application process, please reach out to our People Experience team at email@example.com.