The best candidates will bring previous knowledge of Recruitment and Tech and have a passion to continually learn about different areas of Octopus, as we continue to scale in the UK and Globally.
You will work closely with hiring managers across different areas within Tech but also work super collaboratively with our other Recruiters - we share ideas and look to continually evolve the way we do things to improve candidate experience and help hiring managers hire amazing people for Octopus.
About our Tech...
On the server-side, we mainly use Python. Most of our websites are powered by Django, Django-REST-framework and GraphQL (Graphene).
Client-side, we use React, Redux and SASS; our mobile apps are built using native code or React Native.
What you'll do
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their Tech hiring needs
- Build great long term relationships with candidates - from screening to offering candidates (that's the best bit!) to deliver a diverse range of candidates
- Constantly provide an amazing candidate experience and look to always improve this across the team
- Headhunt. You'll need to source, attract and recruit tech candidates
- Interview candidates for Octopus. Providing a different view and insight for hiring managers is really important... especially if we want to hire the best people for the role and the way we work here
- Building and maintaining relationships with a network of talented people and potential candidates for the future is key - there's always a potential if someone is great, we will have a role for them in the future
What you'll need
- You do need to know your stuff - this role is for a Tech Recruiter so, you’ll need to know how to do attract and source the best tech talent
- Often, we can only give you the question and not the answer, because if we knew the answer, we wouldn’t be hiring - are you someone who not only finds answers, but creates value by coming back and asking better questions?
- You focus on output not input, what’s important versus what’s not important and obsessively strive to make things better
- If you have previous experience in a fast paced, scaling business that's also great
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about!
- What do you get? Click here
If this all sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your age, disability, gender, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.