Cervest is building the world's first open access AI-powered Climate Intelligence platform.
We’re a Certified B Corporation with a vision to build a climate intelligent world — one where everyone is able to use Climate Intelligence to adapt with climate change. By making Climate Intelligence open, democratised and transparent we will power a global Climate Intelligent Network™ that drives a chain reaction of climate intelligent decisions to protect the world’s critical assets, including our greatest asset — the planet.
Using our flagship EarthScanTM product, anyone can discover how current and future climate events such as flooding, droughts, and extreme temperatures will impact their assets. EarthScan helps our customers confidently de-risk decisions, meet financial disclosure needs and improve the resilience of the assets they own, manage or rely on.
As a company, we are a pro-diversity, highly inclusive organization, committed to bringing together people of all backgrounds and enabling them to succeed. We know that a richly diverse team will help us achieve our mission sooner.
The world’s climate is changing. And while limiting new emissions is essential, many impacts remain inevitable. Preparing for the way our changing climate will impact the world around us is essential work that many are only just waking up to.
That’s where Cervest comes in. We’re building a new type of business dedicated to Climate Intelligence. We’re creating a system for any built asset, anywhere. A system that allows you to discover what risks the future holds and how to take action. A network where the latest information on asset risk is shared with those who are interested.
With this vision come unique challenges.This is new territory. We’re not just building a new business but a whole new type of service. We don’t have a template to follow or a market leader to take on. In many cases, our user won’t have connected the pain they are experiencing to Climate Intelligence before discovering Cervest.
As a product manager at Cervest, you’ll be at the heart of these challenges. Our product managers bring forward their own opportunities, shape their own roadmaps and have a seat at the table in building the future of our business. So if the idea of shaping not only a product but the way the world tackles the impact of climate change appeals to you, we’d love to hear from you.
- Form the strategy and priorities for your squad and align it to the broader Cervest product strategy
- Cultivate an intimate profile of the lives, needs and motivations of your user base
- Sustain a healthy, detailed and well-evidenced backlog of opportunities to add value to the user
- Nurture a robust and commercially sound roadmap for your product in collaboration with leadership and your fellow product managers
- Harness the inputs of a diverse team of experts including scientists, entrepreneurs & engineers to ensure your product gets the most from their skills.
- Lead your multi-disciplinary squad by unblocking their challenges, answering their questions and enabling them to do their best work
- Model product discipline and good practice in all you do
- Join with people in all parts of the business in ensuring that we are always working on the most valuable thing possible.
- Have built product in new or unusual spaces
- Experienced rapid growth and stepped up to the challenge
- Can show examples of how products you’ve worked on have delivered significant value to users
- Can communicate complex ideas simply & clearly
- Love to immerse yourself in the life of your users
- Are self-starting with the ability to reach out & collaborate across functions with limited support
- Enjoy the flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Prioritize organizing your time, work and information well
- Feel confident picking the right approaches from the product management playbook for any given situation
Experience & different placements
At Cervest, we do not look for a minimum # of years experience. We are interested more in your future aptitude than your age & record. But we also understand that for some applicants, having a guideline on this helps them decide whether a role is right for them. In this spirit, our typical successful external applicant for product manager currently has between 4-12 years of experience in the field. But we would love to hear from anyone who feels they have something to contribute.
As we are seeking candidates for several squads, we are particularly interested in hearing from applicants with a perspective on the following:
- Building B2B SaaS interfaces, including managing subscriptions, onboarding users & UI design.
- Creating Business Intelligence (BI) tools & visualizing data, including dashboards & reports.
- Creating complex data products that synthesize different inputs to create scores or ratings.
If you have any of the above, please indicate that on your application.
As a rapidly scaling company on a mission, we are committed to ensuring that we support our team in developing in line with their aspirations and talents as well as continuing to develop our culture in line with our values.
We are a remote-first company and are hiring across Europe, the USA and beyond. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working in a remote setting and with a diverse team distributed across multiple time zones. This job requires minimum travel for occasional regional or global team retreats only, using more sustainable transport methods (we’ll help with that) so generally within one time zone of the UK.
- 25 days’ holiday a year (plus 8 UK public holidays or local equivalent)
- The company closes between December 24th and January 1st, which typically gives an extra 3 days off each year (on top of your 25 days entitlement)
- Remote first company culture with flexible working hours
- Maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave policies
- Every employee is given a plant of their choice
- £1000 a year learning budget towards personal and professional development
- 10% of your time can be used for projects that help us meet Cervest’s mission outside your day-to-day responsibilities
- £500 stipend to spend on your work from home setup (we’ll cover your laptop and peripherals such as a screen and keyboard - you will be able to choose between a Mac or PC)
- Paid sick leave for physical and mental health with access to Spill
- Virtual team and company activities such as pastry-making classes, mindfulness classes, coffee masterclasses and murder mysteries
- £1500 loan towards a bike through the Cycle to Work Scheme (available for UK employees)
Please contact us if you have a disability and need any adjustments to be made to the application or interview process