Are you ready for a new challenge to lead the delivery of our unique pilot production facility for our Breathaboard product?
Adaptavate has already developed a semi-automated prototyping process which is being scaled up to deliver an initial low volume of product to the market and the market for commodity building products requires continuous production at a high rate. Our pilot facility will focus on quality of product over rate, initially, developing and de-risking the process for worldwide scale up, facilitating the environmental impact we want to realise.
Our Lead Process Engineer will importantly deliver and own this new production line, delivering process improvements and innovations that will have an impact at a global scale. As we work with production partners from around the world, we know there will be exciting opportunities to collaborate with some large global players as they make the transition we are leading.
You will have agency at an early stage and absolutely be supported to thrive in this exciting role, as this impact led business grows. We very much encourage collaborative, creative problem solving and we are looking for someone who can lead on the delivery of this project and take ownership for this pioneering asset. We look forward to you joining our team where we have a unique chance to be part of the change, together.
Does this sound like you?
Our Lead Process Engineer will:
- lead on the delivery of the pilot production line, supported by current team who have developed the process
- own, manage and maintain the pilot production line
- manufacture the Breathaboard product on production line inclusive of:
- quality and repeatability of product, adhering to appropriate product certification standards
- HSE in line with company policy, supported by wider team
- scheduling of delivery of product from production inclusive of materials in and out
- scheduling and management of personnel to deliver on this
- identify areas of continuous improvement to improve quality and potential throughput
- lead innovation around the production technique for Breathaboard
- communicate with future production partners on the delivery of larger scale manufacturing capability
- train and manage the process operatives on the manufacturing process
- instil and maintain a high standard of operation, cleanliness, and professionalism
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to use your experience to lead in a fundamental area of the high growth business
- To build a new capability and a team that operate and maintain it, taking ownership of the asset
- To have genuine agency and autonomy in the scale up of highly impactful commodity building product
- To work as a small, nimble and dynamic team leader that will really support team members to try new ideas in the pursuit of innovation
- The impact of our business is realised by the cohesion and growth of our team members. We aim to create a supportive working environment that enables you to thrive. Collectively, we are the change!
- A collaborative, horizontal organisational structure where fun, achievement, wellbeing and success are well balanced
- The ability to work and grow – we want you to thrive and be happy as well as succeed
What do you bring?
- At least 3 years’ experience in building product manufacture
- Project Leadership
- A love for effective problem solving and an eye for detail
- Exposure to production planning, identifying bottlenecks and improving efficiencies
- Proactive in managing optimum working, with an understanding of OEE at large scale
- New product introduction
- Knowledge of processing of cementitious binders
- CAD Skills, ideally Solidworks or Autodesk
- Exposure to or experience of LEAN Engineering or Six Sigma
- Experience of commodity construction product manufacture
- Background in mechanical engineering
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
Who are we?
Adaptavate is a business of the future.
We are a dynamic team of doers, engineers, thinkers, walkers, traders, dreamers, scientists, gardeners, friends, family and visionaries. People who think differently to make a big impact through their work…together.
We are building a leading business of the future to develop building products that disrupt the material flows in the built environment. To lead the transition to the carbon negative building materials of the future. We do this by developing, producing, and commercialising the next generation of carbon negative, bio based, performance building materials for the construction sector. We intend for these products to be widely adopted, delivered to the mass market at a price point that should not be prohibitive to anyone. To do this our products must be mass manufactured.
Having just closed a round of investment, we are building a world first pilot production line in Bristol for our game changing innovation; Breathaboard, a bio-composite alternative to plasterboard. This production line is a pre-cursor for a large-scale production line, a test bed and development centre for process innovation and a platform for us to deliver multiple product variants for global deployment. We are looking for someone to deliver and own this capability. It’s an exciting time, and we’d love you to get on board (pun intended).
Flexi (Core 10am - 4pm)
Emersons Green, Bristol, Gloucestershire.
25 days + bank holidays and your birthday!
Company events and training, pension, flexible hours, fun and inclusive work environment.
£35-42.5k dependant on experience. Full package to be discussed based on personal circumstances.