This is a great role for a someone early in their career to pick up some fantastic experience with a digital start-up which combines business, responsible leadership, current-affairs, and technology.
With the requirement for all business to consider its broader social impact, business leaders are increasingly expected to voice their opinions with authenticity and a strong sense of social purpose. This ability to communicate effectively internally and externally is now a fundamental must-have ability for any business leader.
vocL supports next generation leaders - “vocL’s Future Voices”, by mentoring them to improve and fine tune their communication skills, especially for the communication outside of their own organisations.
What makes vocL unique is the combination of specialised mentoring and an app on which mentees practice their communication in real life, by co-creating content with their mentors and peers and supported by world class journalists.
The vocL app offers a safe and constructive space for lively and interesting debate, from which we share content externally (on traditional & social media channels), when appropriate, to create awareness of vocL and our content.
vocL launched in January 2022 and we are growing steadily.
We are looking for someone with knowledge of social-media and communications and an interest in public affairs to play a vital part in shaping our communications and content strategy.
The Role – Content and Communications Manager
This role will be critical in supporting the production of high-quality content, fostering a community of exceptional individuals and business leaders on our platform and beyond and delivering our messages through a variety of channels.
Content (video, audio and static) strategy and production
- Devise ideas for vocL’s own content, through to production and publication
- Manage vocL’s content calendar including organising debates, podcasts, interviews between members of the vocL community
- Write and edit web and app content to ensure brand and tone of voice is consistent and correct
- Publish on the vocL app, social channels and website
- Be the expert in the team, ensuring that our content brings real value and thought leadership to our audience
- Stay up to date with what's happening in current affairs to stay current and spot positive PR and content opportunities
- Utilise engagement and feedback from the vocL community to further improve and develop our output and channels
Communications and Social Media
- Manage the creation of email newsletters and communications on our app
- Plan, create and execute an exciting and engaging social media strategy across all channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn) to engage with our target audience, promoting our brand to all stakeholders
- Generate new content ideas to improve key audience engagement and capture attention, setting measurable goals for campaigns
- Create and grow a community of responsible business voices and fuel participation on our app
- Champion data analysis, content optimisation, publishing algorithms and social listening to help grow our community
General support for the wider vocL team
- Attend meetings and take notes, desk research
- Help organise and support the execution of vocL events
Our Ideal Applicant Profile…
has experience of:
- Developing and delivering communications plans campaigns with clear metrics of success
- Writing copy, editing, and proofreading content, demonstrating excellent attention to detail
- Social media and keen to learn about new technologies and innovations
- CRMs and digital marketing plans
- Engaging with and managing digital communities
- Technology / website / app development, as well as Hubspot (useful but not essential)
- Using an engaging writing style and the ability to convey complex messages to a variety of audiences
As well as being able to adapt skills and experience to deliver the work required, we expect anyone who comes to join the vocL team to be:
- Prepared to engage with the variety of tasks this role offers
- A self-starter, driven by exciting output
- Comfortable working on high profile campaigns and with very senior business leaders
- Passionate about the purpose of the organisation
- Share and represent our vocL values; Grounded, Lively, Inclusive and Purposeful
- An opportunity to be part of a very exciting new project and a very experienced and agile team – we all work remotely.
- A competitive remuneration package.
- Exposure to highly influential businesspeople
- Exciting opportunity for a self-starter – we encourage our team to formulate their own ideas, to be creative and innovative in order to advance the success of vocL
- Brilliant, warm and supportive team of like-minded people, all working towards a common goal: to create a movement of responsible business leaders
Please send your CV as well as a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.