smol is on a mission to change the face of consumer brands and businesses by bringing super effective, convenient eco-friendly products at a fair price. We believe everyone should be able to make easy swaps that are better for them, the planet, and their pockets.
In just four years smol has taken the household cleaning market by storm. Now, having secured our Series B funding, we looking to grow our team to help take us to new heights.
Partnering with like-minded brands and companies is a key element of our growth strategy at smol and this role will be instrumental in helping us set-up this important part of our business. The role will be suitable for a graduate with a record of personal success and evidence of tenacity and putting themselves out there, or someone who has taken their first steps into their career in a similar sales, partnership or business development role.
In this newly created role you’ll helping to build out a new part of our acquisition strategy. Reporting into the Chief Growth Officer, you'll be overseeing our outbound partnership programme, identifying and contacting other like-minded brands and selling them on partnership options with smol. All with the ultimate aim of generating more smol customers and helping to create a more sustainable world.
What does this role involve?
- Owning the metric of customers generated from outbound partnerships.
- Responsible for developing a list of hundreds of potential partners.
- Researching partners to classify and prioritize their size and the potential opportunity.
- Working with marketing and content to develop the appropriate marketing collateral including email copy, brochures and call scripts.
- Testing and tracking which out-reach approach works best for generating customers.
- Contacting partners, convincing them to work with us and managing the execution of deals.
- Account management of existing partners to ensure repeat business and deals including performance tracking and quality control.
- Setting up internal processes to ensure that the execution of agreed partnerships happens as planned.
You will need / be:
- Passionate about working in a startup environment and driving eco-friendly sustainable lifestyles for everyone.
- A hard-working driven, ambitious individual who’s looking to continue to build their career at an exciting, fast-growing company.
- A natural sales professional. Tenacious, resilient and independent, all while remaining positive and personable.
- A strong communicator able to get their point across succinctly both verbally and in writing.
- Commercial-minded and results driven.
- Bright and intelligent with a proven record of success and an ability to think on your feet.
- Able to multitask, to work at speed, and comfortable in a startup environment.
- Preferable: 1-2 years experience in B2B sales.
- Preferable: Experience in direct-to-consumer services, especially subscription or consumer goods.
What we offer:
- A fantastic opportunity to be part of one of the UK’s fastest growing, Series-B funded start-ups.
- An amazing culture and mission. A chance to make a difference in our shared future, eliminating or reducing the usage of plastic, water, toxic chemicals, energy and animal testing.
- Working with an experienced, passionate team invested in helping you grow professionally.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave.
- Discounted products.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Flexible working from home.
- Credits for local co-working hubs when you’re out and about or just need a change of scenery.
The smol print
Applicants must have current work authorisation in the UK.
The role is suitable for remote working, but will involve travel (3-4 times per year) to meet up with team members, so the ability to travel to London and the South-East is ideal.
Inclusion at smol
At smol, we believe that a great team is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds, beliefs and experience. We are an inclusive employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of race, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or disability. If you share our values and want to help make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.