We are looking for an organisational whizz to act as PA to four of our Directors, to take ownership of running our office and support with bringing together our team. There are 3 main areas of focus:
Provide specific support to four of our Directors (60%)
- > Provide PA support to four of our Directors, manage their diaries and travel schedule, and periodically review how their time is spent to help them optimise use of their time
- > Track actions and initiatives that the Directors are responsible for and, where appropriate, follow up on actions on their behalf
- > Prepare and edit correspondence and documentation for meetings, including drafting agendas before meetings and documenting actions and minutes after meetings
- > Research external meeting attendees prior to meetings and provide detailed and accurate written or verbal briefs to the Directors
- > Collect, analyse and present simple data for documents and decisions.
- > Update Salesforce (our contact management software) where relevant
- > Manage expenses and all other general administrative support for the Directors, as required
- > Deputise for Executive Assistant at Board and Leadership Team meetings where necessary
Support the wider team as our office manager (30%)
- > General office management, including management of the environmental impact of our office
- > Procurement of all office equipment and supplies
- > Liaise with our landlord on day-to-day matters
- > Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of our building to ensure compliance with
- all regulations for buildings, fire, health & safety, and maintaining relevant records
- > Act as a point of contact within the office for all visitors
- > Provide support to the Executive Assistant with PA duties for the Executive Directors when
- > Support the wider business with administrative duties as and when required
Support with co-ordinating our team (10% )
- > Manage our cross-team calendar
- > Help schedule, co-ordinate and prepare for team events
We don’t expect the person we hire to have ALL the following but hopefully this gives you a sense of what would enable you to thrive in this role and in our team:
- > You’re incredibly organised; confident in your ability to coordinate multiple tasks,
- manage competing priorities and work to tight deadlines.
- > You are passionate about what we are trying to do and you see this as an opportunity to align your values and purpose with a successful social enterprise with big ambitions
- > You are proactive; you spot the things that need doing and get them done whether you've been asked to or not.
- > You’re a good communicator; comfortable working with senior leaders and everyone across our team, and have good written and verbal communication abilities
- > You have strong attention to detail, and are happy working both independently and in collaboration with others on the team
- > You understand what it takes to really make things happen in a growing organisation
- > You understand the importance of discretion as you will be exposed to
- confidential information working for Senior Directors
- > You have an excellent sense of initiative, with the ability to predict what might be needed and when, and how you can best prepare yourself and those around you accordingly
- > You’re a natural at seeing the bigger picture in the short, medium and long term
YOU’LL LOVE IT HERE IF YOU...
- > Are optimistic, bring warmth and good humour to work, have a strong collaborative work ethic and bring positive intent to every situation
- > Have a curious mind and are always open to the insights and perspectives of others
- > Are passionate about being efficient, resourceful, creative and a great problem solver
- > Love the idea of working somewhere people share your values and are fully focused on making a meaningful impact on the world
- > Would enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are happy to work without a big support structure around you, and would like to grow with a small but ambitious organisation as it develops over time
Salary: £28k - £35k based on experience
Type: It is envisaged this will be a full time role Start date: To start as soon as possible.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a workplace and culture fit for the future. We believe in equal opportunities, celebrate diversity and are working hard to build an inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive
- > An intense but fun working environment. We’re a rapidly growing, high energy and ambitious team
- who love our work and making a big impact
- > The opportunity to shape the activity of a high profile initiative, to observe system change as it happens and be part of a team helping out big business to have a positive impact on the world
- > Working for an organisation where we take our values and purpose seriously, and work hard to practice what we ‘preach’
- > Join a talented, dynamic and diverse team with lots of opportunities to learn. We’ll surround you with smart and driven people who have a vested interest in your development.
- > All our team have access to world-class development opportunities and an amazing range of speakers – from senior leaders like Dame Eliza Manningham-Buller (former Director General of MI5) to entrepreneurs like Sir Tim Smit (Founder of the Eden Project) to thought leaders like June Sarpong (Head of Creative Diversity at the BBC)
- > Private health insurance with Vitality (which also provides discounted gym membership)
- > Pension allowance (5% employer contribution)
- > A book allowance to build the Forward Institute library
- > Generous holiday allowance (30 days) – and a progressive approach to flexible working and being an organisation that allows our team to live full and flourishing lives
- We’ve just moved to a brand new office in Holborn, within easy walking distance of a number of over- and underground stations. We expect the team to split their work between the office and home.
Please send your CV and a covering letter or video (maximum of 2 minutes), following this link answering the following two questions:
- > What is it that you are passionate about and what makes you a great fit for the Forward Ins titute?
- > Why you are interested in this specific role?
- Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
- We will be interviewing on a rolling basis with interviews starting the week beginning 20th June.
- You will need to hold any relevant Visas/Work Permits.