CIL is a consulting firm with a market-leading position within our niche. Most of our engagements involve an M&A element, primarily to advise private equity firms who are looking to invest in high growth businesses in the UK, Europe, and the US. We also provide strategy consulting to a variety of companies, from global blue chips to some of the UK’s most successful smaller businesses. We are a sector agnostic firm, but our core focus areas are listed here. Visit our website for more information on the kinds of problems we help solve for our clients.
Although we work in structured teams, we are socially non-hierarchal and inclusive. We think ‘a culture’ is something larger firms have to invent. Ours is the product of the individuals we employ. We have roughly 200 employees spanning across 4 offices in London, Frome (near Bath), Chicago and Munich. Our Frome office offers all the benefits of a consulting career from a base in the Somerset countryside.
Our Frome office is located 30 minutes from Bath and 45 minutes from Bristol. It offers the opportunity to pursue a City career whilst enjoying the benefits of working in the countryside - our projects are staffed with CILers across our Frome and London offices.
Frome is located in rural Somerset and is well-known for its cobbled streets, independent shops and monthly market. The area boasts lower living costs than that of a major city, and offers a variety of countryside trails to explore.
The Frome office is known for being a close-knit environment, with around 40 staff aligned.
CIL is looking for exceptional people to join our team as Senior Analysts. A Senior Analyst is a Manager-in-training – you might be responsible for running a significant workstream under the guidance of one of our experienced project managers, or managing a smaller project in its own right. You will be expected to take a large amount of responsibility from an early stage, often working directly for a CIL Partner and in a client-facing role from the outset.
Your work will involve:
- Leading and conducting detailed, rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Identifying and removing roadblocks in the research process for yourself and others in your team.
- Working directly with clients that routinely demand the very highest standards.
- Building market models to understand and articulate commercial issues to the team and client.
- Supporting programmes in different internal functions and getting first-hand experience of how businesses really work.
Specific requirements of applicants:
- Experience at a relevant organisation (particularly from accounting, consulting, corporate finance or corporate backgrounds), with experience of carrying out qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Some experience of managing and going the extra-mile to help others. We would like candidates to exhibit our core values across their work experience – supportiveness, integrity and excellence.
- Excellent numeracy and completely fluent written and spoken English – other languages an advantage.
- Previous exposure to private equity and / or commercial due diligence is an advantage. Typically, our Senior Analysts have 2-4 years of combined experience.