The Impact Officer will play a key role working with the Impact Team to develop the impact frameworks of new funds, ensure quality impact data collection and analysis of BII investments and support the team in sharing our impact lessons and stories. In particular the Impact Officer will have the opportunity to work on our flagship fund tackling inequality in the UK, The Growth Impact Fund (GIF).
The role will also coordinate with learning and evaluation partners and with the ‘Impact Advisory Group’ (a group of external advisors supporting the GIF team to deliver the impact set out in the fund aims).
The Impact Officer will build on BII’s current impact management processes to ensure quality impact management and reporting is delivered throughout our investment processes. This includes working with the impact team to improve our impact due diligence toolkit and measurement approach to develop an impact framework against our strategy and fund theories of change. Our strategy is linked to the 2022 to 2027 Big Issue Group strategy and so the Impact Officer will have the opportunity to work with the Senior Impact Manager for Group to ensure our BII work coordinates with our overall impact story of Big Issue Group. The role will coordinate with learning and evaluation partners and with the ‘impact advisory group’ (a group of external advisors supporting the GIF team to deliver the impact set out in the fund aims).
Skills & Experience
- Impact analysis skills either through direct frontline experience, working with social and direct investors, as a consultant or grant maker
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills, including experience with database development and data analysis
- Report writing to share impact performance of funds, investments or projects to a wide range of audiences
- Experience working within the social sector or within an organisation or environment that’s primary aim is to deliver social benefit
- Ability to ensuring accurate and timely impact management reporting to key stakeholders
Salary and Benefits include:
• Holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays on top, increasing by 1 day for each year of employment up to 30 days
• Company sick pay starting at 5 days of full pay, increasing by 5 days with each year of employment (up to 6 weeks)
• Paid time off to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
• Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Comprehensive flexible working policy open to all staff from day 1 of employment
• Perkpal employee benefits platform offering discounts at over 1500 retailers, cinema tickets, gym membership and legal/financial advice
• Free-of-charge BUPA healthcare cash plan scheme covering everything from dental and physiotherapy costs through to private consultations and scans
• Access to our Employee Assistance programme which includes counselling and a range of therapies
• Life cover - a lump sum for your family or loved ones if the unexpected happens
• Comprehensive programme of professional skills training
This role can be based anywhere in the UK. There will be a requirement for regular travel to our head office in Finsbury Park, London.
Closing date: 24 June 2022
The Big Issue Group committed to equal opportunities and committed to promoting and enhancing diversity, equality and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applicants from all members of the community and particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQIA, and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
Our Group Mission
Building a world that works for everyone. Challenging, innovating, and creating self-help and sustainable business solutions, that dismantle poverty now and for future generations