Role type: Maternity cover (part time, scaling to full time based on candidate's experience and availability)
Salary: Dependent on candidate's experience and availability
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Remote (with monthly travel to London)
Spacehive is an anti-racist, anti-discriminatory organisation. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, people with disabilities and people from lower income and diverse educational backgrounds who may be under-represented in our organisation.
Spacehive is a crowdfunding platform for ideas that bring local places to life: everything from converting phone boxes into community libraries, cultivating pop-up gardens, to creating amazing street art or starting a street market. Our mission is to make it easy for people to improve their local area. Over £20 million has been raised to support community projects on our platform and counting.
As a socially minded business, our innovative approach combines technology and specialised support, enabling communities to transform where they live. Spacehive has the highest success rate of any UK crowdfunding platform and is re-imagining how people can create projects that support their local area.
About this role:
The Spacehive Partnerships Team hosts and activates funding programmes for partner councils, companies and foundations which in turn fuel project ideas. Our fast-growing partner network spans the UK, from the Mayor of London to Swansea Council, Kent County Council and North of Tyne Combined Authority, with our corporate partners, which have included BT, Veolia and the Arts Council, backing campaigns across the country.
As a Partnerships Director you will have ultimate responsibility for the success of the partnerships under your remit, supporting the partners to develop impactful civic crowdfunding programmes.
* Depending on experience level and availability there may also be an opportunity to take a more strategic role, supporting the CEO with broader company strategy.
- Work with our partners to understand and execute against the aims and objectives of their programmes
- Using existing shared best practice, guide our partners in the set-up and ongoing delivery of their programmes – including leadership and governance, marketing and branding, fund governance and programme timelines
- Identify and engage key stakeholders both within and external to the partner organisations, including key third parties and local businesses
- Track the impact of the programmes you manage, reporting back to partners on the effectiveness of their campaigns
- Effectively manage partner contracts and partners funds
- You’re excited by Spacehive’s mission and the impact that councils, brands and foundations can have in locally-led regeneration and social innovation
- You’re a persuasive people-person and problem-solver, used to managing senior stakeholders and customers with differing priorities
- You have experience of negotiation and contract management with a head for numbers
- You possess a clear writing and communication style and enjoy public speaking
- You have an appetite to design and manage engaging events, both online and (occasionally) across the country
- You are creative and systematic in equal measure: you thrive keeping programmes on track while designing best-in-class solutions and continually improving on them
- You feel excited about being part of a small team doing big things to help local communities
An understanding of community organising / the local authority landscape / corporate social responsibility is a plus
How to apply:
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in this role, but you’d like to find out more before submitting an application please get in touch with Aoife at email@example.com and she’ll be happy to chat through the role and answer any questions.