Applications deadline: 22 June 2022
Interviews: 27-29 June
Start date: Earliest 2 Aug 2022
Contract: 6 Months
Location: Hybrid in London, UK (some days remote and some days in the office)
Please note that all applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK.
What We Do
Apolitical is a global learning network for government. Our mission is to make government work better for people and the planet. We equip policymakers with the knowledge, skills and community they need to solve the world’s hardest challenges. Our platform is used by more than 160,000 public servants and policymakers in 170 countries, with members ranging from mayors, ministers, and heads of civil services to millennials pioneering digital innovations. Apolitical is backed by mission-driven investors around the world and by prestigious European Union innovation funding. Apolitical’s decision-making and team culture is guided by The Apolitical Leadership Principles and The Apolitical Charter.
We are looking for a highly motivated intern to join Apolitical. This Community Support role serves as one of the main points of contact for Apolitical members. As a result, you will have the opportunity to work across multiple teams; Product, Engineering, Community & Courses, Sales & Customer Success, working with highly collaborative, creative, fast-moving, and supportive colleagues.
In this role, you’ll be supporting Apolitical’s community of global users from the smooth joining of the platform to their experience of our products such as premium online courses. We’re looking for someone who enjoys engaging with people, is highly attentive to detail, organised, and logical in their thinking.
You will report to the Community Support Manager.
By the end of the internship you’ll:
- Be familiar with user needs for a community of global public servants
- Have experience at a fast-paced, award-winning startup
- Have experience working with a team of community managers, online learning specialists, and product managers
- Have knowledge of tools including Zendesk, Reply, Hubspot, Contentful, Slack and Google Workplace.
- Onboarding: You’ll manage the approvals process for new members, ensuring they have smooth access to Apolitical products
- Troubleshooting: You’ll respond to customer inquiries with a professional and engaging approach, within our response guidelines
- User insights: You’ll share constructive insights with the wider team to help improve user experience and our internal processes
- New resources: You’ll support efficiencies to improve overall community support through the development of FAQ’s and other support material
- Clear written communication
- Attention to detail
- Fast & logical thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Communicating across multiple teams
There are no academic requirements for the internship and there is no need to submit a CV. We are most interested in hearing about the skills you have and your potential to thrive in this role.
To apply please send us a response to the task below and a brief covering letter.
You receive an email into the community support inbox. Note this is not a genuine message or email address.
Hi, I registered for a course and haven’t received any lessons. I can’t even sign in to my account to see if it’s there because I don’t know my password, and don’t know if I even set one. Requested a password reset and that hasn’t worked either. I don’t know if it’s just me but I’m completely lost!
I also messaged you last week but haven’t heard back, maybe there’s another address I should message? I already tried email@example.com
If i don’t hear back from you, i will have to leave it. The course sounds interesting and I would love to watch it but it’s not worth all this time and hassle.
1. Prepare a response to the user which outlines the information they need, next steps on support offered and any other clarifications [max 150 words]
2. Outline how you might work with others in the company to resolve this issue. What would be your approach and how would you prioritise your actions? [max 250 words]
(In addition to working with smart, kind people on one of the most important challenges of our time…)
🚀 Stock options: Our employee options plan gives you a stake in our vision.
🦋 Flexibility: Everyone works differently. Whether it’s early mornings, late nights or a day at home, we support what gives you energy and makes you effective.
🌴 Holidays: Unlimited holidays, trusting people to take what they need when they need. As a restorative reboot, we give everyone on the team the last Friday of every month off.
💼 Office: We’re a hybrid working company, but when we’re at the office, we’re based in Elephant & Castle. We also have flexibility around remote work.
👶 Parental leave: Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
📚 Development: Learning and development budgets for books, conferences and courses. We also offer learning time off.
🎲 Socials: Monthly virtual socials and more in-person meet-ups as some of the team head back into the office.
🌳 Financial wellbeing: Pension contribution on a banded scheme, salary sacrifice, and access to Maji, a financial planning tool to help you achieve your goals.
🧠 Knowledge-sharing: On Fridays we have talks on Zoom from team members to public service members sharing their work.
🌻 Mental Wellbeing: Membership to Spill, supporting employee mental health through Slack.
🚴🏽♀️ Cycle-to-Work: We are registered on the UK’s Cycle-to-Work scheme, so you can buy a bike and cycling accessories tax-free.
💸 Discounts: Exclusive discounts and rewards at over 30,000 brands through CharlieHR.