At The Moorings and Sunsail, we plan and deliver fantastic yacht charter experiences across the world.
We have an abiding passion for sailing, taking yachting holidays to the next level across the most spectacular destinations worldwide which keep our customers coming back again and again! From independent sailing holidays to fully catered crewed and power yacht charters we offer our customers a range of product options, and most importantly an unforgettable experience. In addition to this in the British Virgin Islands we have a fantastic resort including a hotel, restaurants, a pool bar, and many other outlets for our customers to enjoy.
The secret to our success within the industry lies in our exceptional teams, we are united by the same purpose, to have fun while creating extraordinary experiences for our customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join The Moorings in The British Virgin Islands, providing an efficient, professional support service to our team. This is an administrative position, with a large range of tasks, all to support the delivery of fantastic service and a high-quality experience for our customers. Working in this busy role, teamwork and flexibility is key to ensure operations run seamlessly and that guests leave excited about returning in the future.
What you will be doing:
- Preparing and issuing a planning report spreadsheet detailing yacht starts, yacht ends, guest arrivals and yacht preparation required
- Calculating employee incentives earned from customer service questionnaires received, and ensuring they are entered and calculated correctly for payroll
- Assist with the organization of Annual Licenses for Customs, and Radio and Fishing licenses, ensuring all payments are recorded
- Assisting customer service with yacht changes and notifying head office accordingly
- Issues Daily Start and End reports
- Prepares all Cruising Permits and National Parks Trust Permits
- Data Entry and Filing
- Prepare all yacht damage waivers
- Prepares work orders with all squawks attached, for the technicians/riggers/shipwrights
- Prepare all quality checklists and attaching squawks
- Responsible for checking and updating owner documentation and files, including ensuring that all owner maintenance is entered into the systems accordingly and saved in owner files
- Preparing spreadsheet of owner boats availability
- Responsible for the paperwork associated with new boat arrivals
- Assisting with boat name installation
- Assisting with organization of deliveries of boats to different bases
- Responsible for variable boat invoices and scanning all documents to head office
- Scheduling of all work orders for cleaners and liaising with the cleaning supervisor to ensure boats are prepped and charter ready on time
- Blocking boats with problems and ensuring charters are moved around to accommodate the block
- Creating awards and sailing certificates
- Maintaining the skippers’ & cooks’ roster and the friendly skipper program
- Updating the yacht maintenance records on the system
- Assistance in other administrative tasks as required
- Any other duties as directed by your line manager
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of yachts is desirable
- Experience working with a reservations system, preferably ‘Triton’
- Strong computer skills, fluent with Microsoft Office
- An organized self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbally and written
- Intelligent, personable, courteous and resilient
- Language skills are desirable (French, German, Spanish)
- Self-motivated; receptive to change; and happy to embrace challenges
- A flexible team player with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.