The Cool Farm Alliance (CFA) is a not-for-profit member organisation that owns and operates the Cool Farm Tool (CFT), which is used to measure on-farm greenhouse gas emissions, carbon sequestration and other environmental sustainability indicators. Usage of the CFT and membership of the CFA has grown rapidly, to become a globally leading quantification tool, decision support and convening platform for many of the world’s leading brands such as Unilever, Danone and ABInBev, as well as Universities, NGO’s and consultancies.
The mission of the Cool Farm Alliance is to accelerate the transition to regenerative and sustainable agriculture by providing globally aligned, credible and science-based metrics, tools and resources that create impact. Further details on the Alliance can be found on our website.
We are looking for a Membership Officer to join the Cool Farm management team. The Membership Officer is responsible for member relations. With a broad range of different stakeholders forming the membership you must be comfortable working in a dynamic environment responding to queries from prospective members, members and users, and developing support processes and resources to meet the needs of a steadily growing Alliance.
The ideal candidate will have strong presentation skills, a passion for agriculture and sustainability and a desire to work in and contribute to a close knit highly motivated staff. Above all, the role requires eagerness to learn, coordinate and efficiently communicate information around the Cool Farm Tool and the great work Cool Farm is collectively delivering.
The Membership Officer will lead our member engagement efforts, maintain close connection with our membership, understand their needs and liaise and collaborate with the broader Cool Farm management team to ensure those needs are represented.
- Establish a strong, successful relationship with and between members to get the most out of community, exchange and membership value for the members.
- Present the Cool Farm Alliance values, ethos and opportunities to prospective members and external institutions.
- Work closely with the Head of Collaborations and Impacts to coordinate requests for partnerships, collaborations and membership.
- Guide new members and partners through recruitment and onboarding.
- Provide basic product and methods support and explain CFT functionalities to members and users.
- Collate and triage incoming queries, respond and escalate as required to the appropriate Cool Farm staff.
- Gather stories, information and insights from members to support content for the Communications Manager and to inform development needs of CFA products and services.
- Liaise with the Training and Consulting Manager and Communications Manager to identify, develop, maintain and improve support materials and tools for an enhanced user experience on the CFA website and other future support and training environments.
- Manage and maintain member contact distribution lists. Essential requirements An inspiring team player, experienced in stakeholder engagement in a scale up environment.
- Passion for working towards sustainable agriculture and food systems in multi-stakeholder environments.
- 5+ years’ experience in stakeholder relationship or account management experience.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Eye for detail, strong in gathering requirements and meeting deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Ability to work independently and connect with a purpose driven virtual team.
- Experience working in environmental sustainability
- Entrepreneurial spirit and team player
- Business proficiency in other European languages
- Experience working in topic related areas such as greenhouse gas quantification, agriculture, industry alliances or FMCG food & beverage sector.
About the team
This role reports to the Head of Collaboration and Impact. The team is non-hierarchical and works collaboratively in service of the vision and mission of the Cool Farm Alliance. It is host to some world class expertise in the areas of science and methodology for agricultural GHG Emissions and biodiversity impact.
The Cool Farm is a virtual organisation, and the role is home based. It is desirable that the candidate is located in Europe, and have the ability for international travel as much as 4 times a year.
This is a full time, employed position, however we offer flexibility for the individual to choose patterns of work to suit their lifestyle and commitments.