Legatics is one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups. Our legal transaction management platform enables law firms and their clients to collaborate on and close deals in an interactive online environment, providing clarity, reducing risk and saving time.
Our customers include some of the world’s top law firms, such as Allen & Overy, Hogan Lovells, Herbert Smith Freehills, Shearman & Sterling and King & Wood Mallesons. Legatics has been used globally on live transactions originating in more than 40 countries.
We are on a mission to transform the $600bn market for legal services worldwide and to work with our customers to bring the way they manage deals into the 21st century. We recently closed our Series A fundraise and we now need creative and empowered individuals to help us execute on our mission.
We are looking for an experienced People & Talent Assistant to join the People & Talent team to focus on scaling the Legatics team, hiring across all departments and seniority levels while decreasing our reliance on recruitment agencies.
You will be empathic and capable of developing close relationships with the business heads to implement a talent strategy that ensures skilled and motivated people are recruited in every area of the organisation in line with the business plan.
What you would be doing:
- Actively source and headhunt personnel to provide a stream of excellent candidates. Recruitment will be across multiple functions including Sales, Account Management, Customer Success, Marketing, Operations and Engineering.
- Develop initial relationships with potential candidates and instil excitement about the prospect of joining the team.
- Decrease reliance on recruitment agencies and ensure agencies work within budget when required for certain roles.
- Prepare first drafts of job descriptions, in consultation with team leads.
- Critically assess appropriate channels to post job descriptions and implement the same.
- Develop hiring and interview processes, in consultation with team leads.
- Provide information and reports containing data such as time to hire, cost per hire and pipeline overviews.
- Work closely with the Head of People & Talent on building an engaging and inclusive culture.
Who would you be working with?
Denika Campbell, Head of People & Talent - who you will be reporting into, alongside a welcoming, inclusive and committed team.
Team culture is really important to us. We are looking for someone who is excited to join us as a key employee at this important stage in our growth and who will bring new and exciting perspectives to Legatics. We are a friendly and passionate bunch with a wide range of interests. We love to socialise together too, holding regular team events.
What we need from you:
- Energy, enthusiasm and confidence;
- Successful history of headhunting and placing candidates, either at an agency or in-house;
- Experience of hiring across all functions within an organisation and at all levels;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organisation skills;
- A right to work in the UK (unfortunately, we are not in a position to support visa sponsorship at this stage);
- An ability to work from a central London office at least two days per week.
Bonus points for the following (but don’t worry, these are not essential)
- Experience working in a start-up or scale-up.
- Executive recruitment experience.
- Experience making technical hires, such as front-end, back-end and full-stack developers.
What we offer you:
- £40,000 - £45,000 (based on experience)
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays);
- Pension with NEST;
- Personal Learning & Development budget;
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program which includes free therapy sessions for you and your family.;
- Lots of opportunities for accelerated professional development and career progression;
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to grow one of the world’s leading LegalTech scale-ups;
- A warm, genuinely collaborative culture and an awesome team; and
- Regular socials.
Power in diversity
We put users at the heart of our design to provide legal transaction experiences that everyone loves. In order to make that a reality, we seek to foster a diverse and inclusive working environment that can empower our people to be creative, effective and innovative, to build a brand we are proud of.
We don’t discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence. We're committed to building a diverse team and are constantly looking for ways to improve our processes to help us do that.