Poppy’s is a purpose-led, ambitious company on a mission to transform death care for the better. We know funerals can be life and grief-changing experiences, so at Poppy’s, we guide and support people to have the funeral they want - whatever that means to them.
We are looking for an ambitious, organised, strategic operational lead who wants to get stuck in. The fixed term nature of this role makes it an ideal opportunity for someone side-stepping into commercial operational leadership. You will report to the CEO who will stretch and coach you to be all you can be. By the time you leave us, you’ll have learnt a tonne, your CV will look great and you’ll be ready for your next big move.
Poppy’s is on the cusp of transformational growth - we’re spending the next three years dramatically increasing the number of people we reach and serve. And in line with our purpose and values, we’re proud to be on the way to receiving our B Corp accreditation.
The interim Client & Operational Lead providing maternity cover will:
- Lead, develop and inspire our client-facing team of 14 to reach their full potential, providing direct line management to 3 people
- Ensure Poppy’s continues to give outstanding service to our clients, maintaining our excellent reputation in our sector and with our wider partners
- Ensure all operational functions support Poppy’s journey to BCorp accreditation and our commitment to minimise our environmental impact
- Ensure operational excellence is balanced with efficiency in everything we do and find creative approaches to issues that arise unexpectedly
Our success at Poppy’s is as much about how we go about things - and how we make people feel - as it is about what we do. So when it comes to our team, behaviours and beliefs matter as much as previous career experience.
- an inspiring team leader and people manager
- passionate about developing people and getting the most out of them
- passionate about excellent client service and being the best
- a great communicator, problem solver
- driven, ambitious, energetic and highly organised
- a natural, effective, confident and positive communicator and influencer, able to gain the team’s trust, respect and cooperation
- comfortable using data to influence and drive improved performance
- good at listening and empathising, having a confident, mature approach
- able and confident to ask for support when necessary
- comfortable challenging others, offering opinions and taking feedback on board - skilled at proactively managing, planning ahead and identifying issues early
- able to operate effectively in a collaborative team whilst also confident working autonomously
- able to stay calm and keep perspective in high-pressure scenarios
Click 'apply' to find out more.