Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. We provide our customers with fresh, handmade pasta, the finest sauces & beautiful garnishes from Italy, inviting them to prepare a 5* pasta dish in the comfort of their own home.
With the hard work taken care of by our Italian chefs, all our customers need to do is boil the pasta and heat up the sauce… e buon appetito, a Michelin-starred quality meal in minutes! And whilst we are a digitally-native DTC brand, through www.pastaevangelists.com, we are also the largest pasta brand in the UK on Deliveroo and the only pasta brand in Harrods where we have our amazing restaurant and counter. We are also sold in other channels such as Ocado, Amazon, Zapp, Getir.
Our mission is clear, loud and simple: we want to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta. As a category, pasta is worth £3.8bn in the UK alone, and we are the only company disrupting it. Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing food tech companies in the UK, having increased revenues by 30x in the past 3 years.
We have recently been acquired by Barilla, the biggestpasta company in the world. We continue to operate independently with the same startup culture and energy, whilst benefiting from the backing of one of the largestfood groups internationally.
Given our ambitions, we are looking for a senior buying manager professional to be instrumental in our next chapter of growth. Find out more below.
Purpose of the Job:
- This individual will support the achievement of the food innovation plan, product plans and commercial budgets by working closely with the Food, Technical, Operations and Commercial teams.
- This will involve specific responsibility for effective sourcing of products to meet Pasta Evangelists quality standards, brand values, availability and cost requirements through the effective and ongoing management of the supply base.
Who you are:
- Strong commercial awareness and analytical skills
- Good understanding of purchasing processes and practices in a fast moving manufacturing/retail/service organisation
- Negotiation skills
- Strong influencing and relationship skills
- You take ownership, with strong project management skills
- Good understanding of factory production processes and operations and act with velocity to optimise solutions
- ...You are passionate, and you love the idea of working with really beautiful delicious and beautiful products!
What you'll do at Pasta Evangelists:
- Be Pasta Evangelists account manager of the supplier, and provide overall management of the supply base
- To hold regular meetings with key suppliers to ensure that all aspects of the supplier's relationship with Pasta Evangelists meets the required standards
- To identify, select and develop suppliers who are able to meet Pasta Evangelists current and future needs
- To work in conjunction with Commercial, Food and Technical teams to continuously monitor and manage the consistency of product quality supplied into shops
- In conjunction with the logistics and supply chain team, constantly seek out opportunities for improvement in efficiency within the supply base that will result in obtaining and delivering fresher food to the shops
- To negotiate contracts and costs with suppliers that will meet budget, deliver the best financial deal for Pasta Evangelists, whilst achieving a sustainable relationship with the supplier
- To constantly work with suppliers to search for efficiencies that will improve Pasta Evangelists profitability
- To proactively monitor cost prices and to regularly benchmark these to ensure competitive
- To keep abreast of market changes that could impact on costs and future strategic purchasing e.g. commodity and currency market movements
- To build JBPs, negotiate growth incentives/rebates with relevant suppliers and to ensure that records are updated and monies are received.
Driving Sales and Growth
- To work with food, commercial and merchandising to ensure we have costs ahead of product launches
- To support the ops Development teams in landing any product and equipment ahead of launch
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary to attract best talent
- Potential equity package with significant upside potential
- Vibrant Central London working
- Join a dynamic, fast-moving & diverse team
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings
- Free Pasta Evangelists products
- Italian lessons
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)